Rear brake squeal: 2008 Norco Fluid LT 3?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Rear brake squeal: 2008 Norco Fluid LT 3?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
Does anyone have this same problem? I have bled the lines, changed rotors and serviced calipers. They have squealed like banshees since riding out of the shop. I suspect it may have something to do with the seat stays? I love the bike but the noise makes me want to smash it with a 60lbs sledge hammer.

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 5:57 Quote
What kind of brakes...Hayes, Avids?

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 7:44 Quote
I guess you've tried new pads as well if you know anything....

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
I have replaced pads, I have tried baking and torching the pads. I have cleaned the brand new rotors with rotor cleaner. The brakes are avid, juicy 3. The front one works great. The squeal actually makes the rear end vibrate right up your ass!

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
Vibration indicates that something isnt as tight as it should be...check all your mounting bolts...

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
"The stock Avid Juicy brakes were disappointing. They initially had the infamous "turkey gobbling" sound. Then they started howling. The brakes progressively got worse to the point that the entire rear end of the bike would shudder violently when the rear brake was applied. And that led to another problem...
I eventually broke the rear end of the Fluid LT at a crack on the seat stay at the weld on the rear disc mount. When I received a new replacement rear seat stay, I tried different size rotors, different brands of rotors and a different rear wheel. I eventually solved the problem by putting Hayes Stroker Trails on the bike. Apparently, this is a known issue that has something do do with frame-brake harmonics and has occurred with some of the Fluid frames. If you have this issue, contact your dealer and the issue will be addressed by replacing the howling rear stays with the new, re-designed 2009 Fluid LT rear stays."

I just found this online. It should be covered under warranty.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.048931
Mobile Version of Website