What Cranks?

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
Im stuck on which cranks to get
ive been looking at the hollowtech range (deore,lx,hone,slx,saint etc) but im trying to see if they are much better than isis. i ride mainly jumps and street at the moment so i know i need some strong stuff but i dunno if hollowtechs are the way to go? anyone got any advice on what cranks i should look at. if they are white aswell that would be grand but it doesnt matter if not cos they can just be pc'd.

Cheers

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
There are sooo many threads on cranks. You just have to use that button labeled "Search".

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
Get the howitzer team bottom bracket and either the hozefeller or the hussefelt cranks.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
kinged wrote:
There are sooo many threads on cranks. You just have to use that button labeled "Search".
yeah i did look but i decided to make a newer thread Smile

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
konamtber09 wrote:
Get the howitzer team bottom bracket and either the hozefeller or the hussefelt cranks.
trouble with those is they are well spensive

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
saints
theyre light
looks savage
and they dont have shit bbs like truativ

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
gravity cranks

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 8:52 Quote
you could get 3 peice profile which you last you ages
Helmet

Posted: Dec 12, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
dm-orange wrote:
saints
theyre light
looks savage

your botom bracket soudns horrible thoa dn tis a month old =P

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 1:00 Quote
ImSpecializedAtNothing wrote:
dm-orange wrote:
saints
theyre light
looks savage

lol have you broken it already will?

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 1:42 Quote
STP-Matt wrote:
ImSpecializedAtNothing wrote:
dm-orange wrote:
saints
theyre light
looks savage

lol have you broken it already will?

he ahsnt but you know the sound mien and your husslefelt ones make everynow and again... it does that

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 7:25 Quote
yeah mine are broken.. its the crank slipping on the bb

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 7:35 Quote
joedirtjumper wrote:
you could get 3 peice profile which you last you ages
Helmet
+1

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 7:39 Quote
have a look at atomlabs cranks. Think thats what im going to get, light and cheaper than most (£105 on chainreaction). Also atomlab make some awesome products so im sure theyd do well. Wouldnt bother with mtb cranks cause youre limited with chainring sizes and steal cranks these days arent much heavier.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
konamtber09 wrote:

howitzer is complete trash... they're not even that good and weigh more than a goddamn boat anchor...

your best bet, for a good strength to weight ratio, are 2 piece systems (hollowtech, X-type)

my suggestion, based on my experience with cranks, is go with hollowtech... consider that the crank maintains a tube shape, making the crank stiffer and stronger than standard cranks utilizing an "I-beam" shape...

even if you're dirt jumping, i'd bet on some XT's... they're light, and strong enough if you're not a complete hack who weighs 250 lbs...

i have race face atlas FR's on my STP... they're nice, but looking back, i wish i hadda gone with XT's... cheaper, lighter, and still strong enough

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012139
Mobile Version of Website