banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
^^doesnt the SXT from specialized have 7" yet darren and kyle manage to whip them in the air?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
^^doesnt the SXT from specialized have 7" yet darren and kyle manage to whip them in the air?

ya thats true but they use the sx now. with only 4 inches and its is a much better fit for slopestyle riding

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Maestro isn't a complicated design and is a rather simple design too. To be honest with you, by the sound of what you plan on doing with this bike, you should really look at the Reign X series as it is very versatile. It is capable of bombing downhill and is light enough and nimble enough to throw around! This ultimately sounds exactly like what you want in a bike! It can slay downhill and can do tricks! It is also lighter than a BR and has better components on it for the price. There really isn't too much more you can ask for. I am not the biggest fan of VPP although I do ride a V10 but I am not sold on the design. I think there are flaws in the design of VPP but that was the way it was designed so I can't do anything about that. However, my brother is completely sold on VPP and has been riding a V10 for several years. Every year, he gets a new V10. He loves VPP and will never go back to anything else. Therefore, different people have different opinions on what works best.

If you want to see some videos of what the Reign X0 is capable of, I can post them.

too bad you'll have to switch out half of the parts on the reign x if he wants it to actually stand up to freeride and slopestyle. land one decent jump a little sideways and you'll destroy the rear wheel

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
ya darren has been known to 360 his sx trail. him and kyle both only use the sx 4X frame now which only has 4 inches of travel. i've done 360s on my demo 7 before but it feels like shit and it is insanely hard. compared to my banshee rampant which almost feels like a hard tail on 3s

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
also, just you should maybe consider the banshee wildcard. it has adjustable travel from 5-6.5 inches and it is probably almost as light as the intense for 1000 dollars less. just spend the money you save on then frame for better parts

Mod
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
too bad you'll have to switch out half of the parts on the reign x if he wants it to actually stand up to freeride and slopestyle. land one decent jump a little sideways and you'll destroy the rear wheel

He's building it up so it wouldn't matter.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
oh okay. still, the reign X is not at all a suitable slopestyle bike. i had one and the thing constantly bottomed out of jumps and it had way to much rear end flex. the transition would be much stiffer.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
The intense is lighter and has better geometry as it is a bike specifically meant for slope style. Intense designed it solely for one purpose and that was to be a lightweight trick machine. I have seen some cracked Intense SS frames as they aren't meant to be a do it all bike. They are in the FRO (For Racing Only) series and won't last several seasons of abuse. If you are specifically doing what the frame is meant for and are a smooth rider, it will last significantly longer than not being smooth and using a FRO bike for other things other than its intended use. Does this mean it will break when you do something else on it, probably not. However, the point is, these bikes are built for their purpose and can be built very light because they don't have extra material for DH and hucking. The Bottle Rocket is stronger, heavier, has worse geometry but it is more of a do it all type bike compared to the SS. Also, the SS will be pretty close to double the cost of a BR frame.

If you are looking for bikes in this discipline, look at the Reign X series too.

how can you even say that the bottle rocket has worse geometry? first of all, the guys at transition actually dirt jump and ride slopestyle themselves compared to the people at intense who dont know anything about slopestyle. the intense has too much travel to be a competitive slopestyle bike. good luck doing a high speed 360 with almost 7 inches of travel.

cleary you dont know to much what your talking about, you can set any bike up to have suspension a little stiffer so if intense is capable of making a bike with 7inchs of travel that still has low standover and the geo of a slope bike thats fantastic, and at the same time they kept it light, if you have problems with the stiffness of the travel make it stiffer when you riding djs and soften it when you riding trails or however you like, just because i bike has more travel doesnt mean it will be harder to trick, like in this case, regardless of the intense becoming more versatile by having a little extra travel when you need it its is also lighter and has better geo than the br, all around better bike in just about every aspect over the br if you ask me. i would redily pay an extra 1000 for an intense, its just a huge bonus that you can get one for only 200 extra2 cents

Mod
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
oh okay. still, the reign X is not at all a suitable slopestyle bike. i had one and the thing constantly bottomed out of jumps and it had way to much rear end flex. the transition would be much stiffer.

Hahaha. Did you not see those videos I posted? Mitch put his through hell and it survived and he is not a lightweight. He's not fat but 200 pounds suited up isn't exactly light. I don't know what the OP's trick bag is like but Mitch has everything from whips to flips and it seems to ride just fine including after the case.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
Ummm try setting up your bike correctly?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
hucker2010 wrote:
jv86416 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
The intense is lighter and has better geometry as it is a bike specifically meant for slope style. Intense designed it solely for one purpose and that was to be a lightweight trick machine. I have seen some cracked Intense SS frames as they aren't meant to be a do it all bike. They are in the FRO (For Racing Only) series and won't last several seasons of abuse. If you are specifically doing what the frame is meant for and are a smooth rider, it will last significantly longer than not being smooth and using a FRO bike for other things other than its intended use. Does this mean it will break when you do something else on it, probably not. However, the point is, these bikes are built for their purpose and can be built very light because they don't have extra material for DH and hucking. The Bottle Rocket is stronger, heavier, has worse geometry but it is more of a do it all type bike compared to the SS. Also, the SS will be pretty close to double the cost of a BR frame.

If you are looking for bikes in this discipline, look at the Reign X series too.

how can you even say that the bottle rocket has worse geometry? first of all, the guys at transition actually dirt jump and ride slopestyle themselves compared to the people at intense who dont know anything about slopestyle. the intense has too much travel to be a competitive slopestyle bike. good luck doing a high speed 360 with almost 7 inches of travel.

cleary you dont know to much what your talking about, you can set any bike up to have suspension a little stiffer so if intense is capable of making a bike with 7inchs of travel that still has low standover and the geo of a slope bike thats fantastic, and at the same time they kept it light, if you have problems with the stiffness of the travel make it stiffer when you riding djs and soften it when you riding trails or however you like, just because i bike has more travel doesnt mean it will be harder to trick, like in this case, regardless of the intense becoming more versatile by having a little extra travel when you need it its is also lighter and has better geo than the br, all around better bike in just about every aspect over the br if you ask me. i would redily pay an extra 1000 for an intense, its just a huge bonus that you can get one for only 200 extra2 cents

actually i still argue the case that more travel effects tricking especially a 360. I put a madly stiff coil in my reign x and it still bottomed like no tomorrow. it's just that the bikes leverage ratio is not designed to ramp up as much as an actual slopestyle bike such as the intense. however, the intense is so overpriced it isn't even funny. my banshee rampant is amazing for slopestyle and it has a VPP type suspension and it costed me only 1600 for the frame.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
igz- wrote:
jv86416 wrote:

i'm not an idiot. why would you want a slopestyle bike that is pretty good at climbing and pretty good at jumping when you could get a slopestyle specific bike that is amazing at jumping which is what it is meant for.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
igz- wrote:
jv86416 wrote:

i'm not an idiot. why would you want a slopestyle bike that is pretty good at climbing and pretty good at jumping when you could get a slopestyle specific bike that is amazing at jumping which is what it is meant for.

because he is not a slopestyle specific rider, he wants a bike that will do it all

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

I usto almost be able to 360 my V-10Rolleyes

Ryan

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
^^that would be hard to do... lol. there was a picture somewhere actually of chris kovarik doing a 360 on a m6 i think

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015118
Mobile Version of Website