opinions

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 13:41 Quote
So I'm pretty set on profile purple hubs just need opinions on color rims and hub type

I'm leaning towards the spank subrosa in neon green to match my other colored parts on my dna, yet not sure how they will hold up compared to a atomlab pimp or mavic ex729.

And for hubs since I don't run a front brake I was thinking to just get the 20mm w/o disc mounts, yet if I ever sell the wheels (like I ever would) would the selling price be drastically lower since a front brake couldn't be setup with it?

here what color the profiles are
photo

The result
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/2780/pbpic2780830.jpg

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
Wait a minute. Are you Dirtjumper202 on Busted Spoke, MTBR and RM?? I know that DNA anywhere. Transition Man from BS here....

I have to say I love my Profiles laced to EX721. They are light, strong and look amazing. Only downfall is they come in sliver or black which does not help you. Pimp rims weigh a TON. Go Pimplites if anything.

The front hub in a non-disc I think is only slightly less expensive than the disc. Also get the Ti SS cassette driver for the rear. It make the hub a lot lighter...

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
go king if you can afford it. i think there a little better and then make the best noise. but profiles are very good and the green and purple is defiantly the way to go.

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
Wait a minute. Are you Dirtjumper202 on Busted Spoke, MTBR and RM?? I know that DNA anywhere. Transition Man from BS here....

I have to say I love my Profiles laced to EX721. They are light, strong and look amazing. Only downfall is they come in sliver or black which does not help you. Pimp rims weigh a TON. Go Pimplites if anything.

The front hub in a non-disc I think is only slightly less expensive than the disc. Also get the Ti SS cassette driver for the rear. It make the hub a lot lighter...

Yeah its me from BS and various other forums, go by dirtjumper202 or argyle409 most of the time.

Yeah the color isn't that big of a deal with the rims it was more towards the hubs since they match so well, but I on BS some guy was selling new spank rims so thought hey maybe look them up. I know the pimps are heavy I have a pimp/pimplite combo on my gruitr.

With the cassette hub only thing is I can't decide between driver/cog and shimino or profile fit, I would get Ti if I'm already spending so much. But then idk about drive train, a bmx sprocket prolly get a profile one in purple to match the hubs I can always switch if I don't like it. But dunno about gearing I run 32:15 right now and like it a lot, what do you run on your mob?

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
A lot of people don't have front brakes so it shouldn't be much of a problem. The Spank rims are probably your best option because getting another rim powdercoated would probably be expensive and complicated. It will look great no doubt.

And fwiw I hate the sound Kings make.

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 15:49 Quote
runner wrote:
A lot of people don't have front brakes so it shouldn't be much of a problem. The Spank rims are probably your best option because getting another rim powdercoated would probably be expensive and complicated. It will look great no doubt.

I love my bike looking great, but don't want to spend so much and find out the spanks suck get me

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
I have the Shimano splined Ti SS driver. I wanted the ability to run Shimano cogs so I can swap gear ratios if needed. Although I haven't swapped out of my 24/12 gearing since I built it.

Also I truly love 721 rims. Dual sets on the Mob and Gruitr. In fact dual sets of Profile hubs on 721 for both..

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
Silver 721s are great looking rims too, I don't know how they would look with your bike but it's worth looking onto.

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
runner wrote:
Silver 721s are great looking rims too, I don't know how they would look with your bike but it's worth looking onto.

Yep. They matched my motif nicely...

(unwarranted gratuitous photo)

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1107/dcp2586editeduy5.jpg

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
runner wrote:

Yep. They matched my motif nicely...

(unwarranted gratuitous photo)

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1107/dcp2586editeduy5.jpg

if that a medium you want to sell the frame and maybe some parts too by any chance?

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
mark523 wrote:

if that a medium you want to sell the frame and maybe some parts too by any chance?

Hey I'm asking about rims/hubs here not making a buy/sell thread

btw there is large for sale, and I don't think he would want to sell it but I'm not going to speak for him

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
kajtek007 wrote:
mark523 wrote:

btw there is large for sale, and I don't think he would want to sell it but I'm not going to speak for him

yeah yeah i know im sorry but i just had to ask because im looking for one.

as for you hubs i did talk about those too

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
mark523 wrote:
kajtek007 wrote:
mark523 wrote:

yeah yeah i know im sorry but i just had to ask because im looking for one.

as for you hubs i did talk about those too

yeah I know, I'm not looking into industry nines too to be honest king's are great a kid at my school has some on both his bikes and they are great hubs and lasted him a while but the bzzzzzz sound of tends to piss me off after a while

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
i was just thinken bout this kajackt we have the same color scheme execpt yours is better cause i think about it but never get it

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
sorry i spelt kajtek007 wrong i dont no how the rims are but they look sweettup

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010562
Mobile Version of Website