Lake Jump Bike Floatation Tips

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Lake Jump Bike Floatation Tips
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
Ok so heres the deal, I want to set up a beater bike to lake jump. I have some ideas on how to get it to float and all that. Any one have any tips from first hand experience? Like best way to keep water out of the tubes and stuff like that.

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
get one of those pool noodle things, cut it up the middle then cut it to size and wrap the top tube down tube and handle bar with it.

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
if you gona jump it into a lake you bont really need a suspensen fork for a disk brake. air the tiers and flaotes

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
get one of those pool noodle things, cut it up the middle then cut it to size and wrap the top tube down tube and handle bar with it.

thats a good idea, never really thought of that. uummm, another good way would be to just wrap a little life jacket around your stem and bars too. would also prevent any unpleasent stems to the gonads, always a plustup

might wanna try that foam idea you had too bryce, fillin up the frame with foam, could be a good experiment.

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
its and alloy frame and a rigid fork im thinking about putting that liquid foam insulation stuff in the weld vent holes 2 keep water out the foam wont absorb water you guys think that will work ? along with the pool noodles

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
crash23 wrote:
gibson243 wrote:

thats a good idea, never really thought of that. uummm, another good way would be to just wrap a little life jacket around your stem and bars too. would also prevent any unpleasent stems to the gonads, always a plustup

might wanna try that foam idea you had too bryce, fillin up the frame with foam, could be a good experiment.
yeah i dont want to put a life jacket on it

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:
its and alloy frame and a rigid fork im thinking about putting that liquid foam insulation stuff in the weld vent holes 2 keep water out the foam wont absorb water you guys think that will work ? along with the pool noodles
ya it should

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
a more epic way would be to get a can of beans, eat the beans, put a parachute inside the can and a string attached to the top of the parachute then put the can under the seat. then when your in the air pull the string and the parachute will fly out and hopefully keep the bike near the top of the lake

...i bet anyone reading this was thinking of farts when i mentioned beansPimp Batman

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:
crash23 wrote:
gibson243 wrote:

yeah i dont want to put a life jacket on it

alright then yeah, the foam idea is probably the best one. it doesnt take much to make it float, just a little floatiness will be perfect

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
i used a life jacket and tie it around the frame. it's a little kid ticket, it's all you need and it doesn't get in the way as much

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
just wrap the inside of a life jacket around a seatpost and use it as a seat

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
ok ideas besides the allready stated life jacket

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
watter bottles...empty ones

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
ive been on my share of lake jump bikes and the life jacket or pool noodle are your best beat, there may be others that work just as well if not better those two are the fastest and easiest, leaving more time for jumping... and if you dont like the looks of the jaket just cut it open and duct tape the inside around the top tube... prevents sackage aswell

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011387
Mobile Version of Website