Former Urban DH Thread...

PB Forum :: Downhill
Former Urban DH Thread...
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 7:13 Quote
what if there was a fee charged for the race to help pay for some of the expenses

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 7:17 Quote
Something like even 10$ entry fee or something like that.. even with 10 people that would be 100$ and 20 people 200$ that could be put to the setting up of the race. Most people probably aren't going to want pay to watch.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 7:50 Quote
that would be a good idea for racers to pay and extra lil fee i sure don't mind another race in the season anyway and im sure there would be at least 200 plus people all the DH'rs and alot of HT would show up and there would be a shit load of first timers aswell i hope this can happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 7:58 Quote
im sorry but how dumb are some of u ppl?
like there is obviously going to be a charge on the race. It will actually be significantly over 10$ a person plus each racer will require insurance for the race.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 8:13 Quote
Were already thinking way ahead of everyone here. A race fee would be more like $50-100. Insurance is going to be the most.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 8:16 Quote
Boulevard wrote:
Were already thinking way ahead of everyone here. A race fee would be more like $50-100. Insurance is going to be the most.

I agree, and regardless id pay 50-100$ for a race like this, just once... just for the experience.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 8:34 Quote
get-hucked666 wrote:
Boulevard wrote:

I agree, and regardless id pay 50-100$ for a race like this, just once... just for the experience.
$100 is quite expenisve, I think no more than $50 is fair. The $50 will most likely include insurance, and for sure will include unlimited shuttling to the top of the course, race entry and of course you have a chance of getting some sweet prizes depending on where you place.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
brentjj wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:
Boulevard wrote:

$100 is quite expenisve, I think no more than $50 is fair. The $50 will most likely include insurance, and for sure will include unlimited shuttling to the top of the course, race entry and of course you have a chance of getting some sweet prizes depending on where you place.

50$ would be more then fair, so long as we get a decent amount of racers.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
get-hucked666 wrote:
brentjj wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:

50$ would be more then fair, so long as we get a decent amount of racers.

I'd definitely be a participant in this. Sounds like one hell of an event to race in.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
brentjj wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:
Boulevard wrote:

yea but brent that would also include catering cost (like a snack and a drink) or did we rule that out due to expenses?
also can u forward me the list of costs that u worked out for the team and or the event?
thanks

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
I was thinking instead of catering we could get a restaurant in the area to sponsor and they just give free food vouchers or really cheap food to all the racers instead of them giving us sponsorship money. And I'll send you the team list no problem.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
hey,
there is a crap load of things like the lions club, and all the local restaurants that set up stalls on the street for cactus festival and what not, so thats an option. and im sure either turkstra lumber or cashway will be more than happy to tupport something like this (at least providing their lumber yards for storage etc.) And maybe something like a 50/50 draw or something might be of interest (help handle expenses) instead of an entry fee just give them the option of buying a ticket for a chance to win some cash.

THanks,
Cam

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 6:11 Quote
hey i dunno wats goin on with everything but wat has the city said

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 6:43 Quote
mike36 wrote:
hey i dunno wats goin on with everything but wat has the city said
They have not said any thing yet, we just have to wait and see what happens.

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
the suspense is killing me lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027659
Mobile Version of Website