The lightest bmx wheel combo?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The lightest bmx wheel combo?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 11:29 Quote
i need a really light front wheel combo with 10mm axle. even any tricks someone knows to lighten the wheel will help thanks

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 11:35 Quote
there are those new 32 hole BMX wheels if you are that worried about weight. i saw then in a ridebmx i forgot who makes them.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 12:00 Quote
i think proper have got a new front specific rim that weighs feck all (technical termtup ), or maybe one of the demolition rims, they're drilled out on the inside to save a load of weight, so you'll need thicker rim tape... the Fly bikes 10mm front hubs are pretty damn good, light and smooth.

Not entirely sure on weights for it all though.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 13:04 Quote
Rhyno-lites are pretty darn light, and if your not a complete hack, theyll hold up. City lites are also very light.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 14:02 Quote
a profile mini front hub on a primo balence is intensely light

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 14:57 Quote
Alex Supra Feather Lite rim on a Proper Magnitie hub with titanuim spokes. My LBS had one and I swear to God it was the lightest rear wheelset I've ever held.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:49 Quote
You can make any wheel lighter simply by lacing it radially. (no cross pattern, strait from hub to rim)

Just don't complain when your wheel explodes on you Wink

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 14:50 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
You can make any wheel lighter simply by lacing it radially. (no cross pattern, strait from hub to rim)

Dont even say that. Radial lacing saves very little weight compared to a regular setup and isnt safe on conventional bmx hubs, as they arent rated for it.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 18:36 Quote
fufalump wrote:
lettusdude wrote:

Dont even say that. Radial lacing saves very little weight compared to a regular setup and isnt safe on conventional bmx hubs, as they arent rated for it.

he never said it would greatly lighten the wheel Rolleyes
and you would rather have a 32 spoke rim then radial lacing?

by the way the madera front hub is really light

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
the odyssey vandero weights 2.3lbs

the tenpack front wheel weights 2.26lbs

or u custom build.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 18:52 Quote
profile mini race hubs, sun rhynolite xl rims, double butted spokes, alloy nipples if you're careful, i liek brass a lot.

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 14:36 Quote
primo balance rim with some ti spokes on a simple eject hub. with khe tyre i think that would be pretty lightweight

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 15:35 Quote
tomridesbmx wrote:
fufalump wrote:
lettusdude wrote:

Actually yes. I would rather have a profile mini to a ryno lite with 28 spokes 3 cross then a 36 hole wheel of similar specs radially laced.

I was also getting at how ineffective radial lacing is at reducing weight while keeping strength, I wasn't trying to prove him wrong. Dont jump in the water so fast there son.

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 16:21 Quote
fufalump wrote:
tomridesbmx wrote:
fufalump wrote:

Actually yes. I would rather have a profile mini to a ryno lite with 28 spokes 3 cross then a 36 hole wheel of similar specs radially laced.

I was also getting at how ineffective radial lacing is at reducing weight while keeping strength, I wasn't trying to prove him wrong. Dont jump in the water so fast there son.

sorry man I guess I misunderstood, its all good.
so a 32 front rim would be strong enough for front you think?
i might get one then haha.
how much weight do you think it saves?

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 20:27 Quote
the profile super light hubs are freaking amazing but a little pricy with the ti axle

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012263
Mobile Version of Website