The Official Blue Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - East
The Official Blue Mountain Thread
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 9:44 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
2old4this wrote:
markbatt wrote:

Before you go accusing people, you should get the facts straight. No one sued blue mountain. The insurace company threatened blue because too many kids under 16 were getting seriously hurt. they told blue that it here was one more serious crash, they would drop them as an insurace coverer. that means no more blue for next year. So blue though that removing jumps and drops for this season would prevent most serious crashes. the jumps will be returning slowly next season.

~Mark
all facts considered.....it's called a waiver......we all sign it...the risks are VERY well documented. I ate it hard.....early this year,broke 2 ribs....fractured my collar bone and separated my shoulder, I would not even consider trying to sue because I signed a waiver. Parents who try to sue because their children crash and get injured, obviously don't realize the risks involved and should probably be taking responsibility themselves for not knowing what the kids are doing. As both a mtber and a parent, I lay all the blame on parents not paying attention to what their kids are telling them about the sport that they are getting into....they wouldn't sign their kids up to play all star hockey if they've never laced up a pair of skates!

ya except this is Ontario and waivers dont count for shit..a person can still sue even if they sign a waiver and have up to 7 yrs after an accident to do so.

Exactly. There are ways past a waiver in this province. They could say that the stuff wasn't maintened or designed properly, and that is why their kid crashed, or some bullsh*t like that.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 0:54 Quote
beer-breath wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
2old4this wrote:

all facts considered.....it's called a waiver......we all sign it...the risks are VERY well documented. I ate it hard.....early this year,broke 2 ribs....fractured my collar bone and separated my shoulder, I would not even consider trying to sue because I signed a waiver. Parents who try to sue because their children crash and get injured, obviously don't realize the risks involved and should probably be taking responsibility themselves for not knowing what the kids are doing. As both a mtber and a parent, I lay all the blame on parents not paying attention to what their kids are telling them about the sport that they are getting into....they wouldn't sign their kids up to play all star hockey if they've never laced up a pair of skates!

ya except this is Ontario and waivers dont count for shit..a person can still sue even if they sign a waiver and have up to 7 yrs after an accident to do so.

Exactly. There are ways past a waiver in this province. They could say that the stuff wasn't maintened or designed properly, and that is why their kid crashed, or some bullsh*t like that.

then they need proof, and blue mountain wouldn't stick a bunch of old junk out that people could get hurt on. and if you ask me its mostly first time rentals with their buddies that get hurt, that don't know how to read the signs and take control and end up going to far their first time trying to impress their buddies and hit the big jump or go to fast.

blue could always solve that problem by hooking up a speedometer to the brakes on the rental bikes that would make the brake slow down if over "x" speed.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 7:03 Quote
odin333 wrote:
beer-breath wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

then they need proof, and blue mountain wouldn't stick a bunch of old junk out that people could get hurt on. and if you ask me its mostly first time rentals with their buddies that get hurt, that don't know how to read the signs and take control and end up going to far their first time trying to impress their buddies and hit the big jump or go to fast.

blue could always solve that problem by hooking up a speedometer to the brakes on the rental bikes that would make the brake slow down if over "x" speed.

hahahhahahahaha i laughed at that sorry

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 8:38 Quote
odin333 wrote:

lol lol That would bу a good idea.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 12:30 Quote
renegade wrote:
^ aaha yeah i got a good laugh at that last line too.

i think that blue mountain needs to have an exit off autobhan like the old one had. high speeds, jumps, etc. when people show up at blue they see the riders come out of the trees and casually ride down a flat cut trail. they just assume thats what its like so MR and Mrs Smith sign there son(or daughter) Taylor Smith up in a hurry. but once Taylor Smith gets to the top and gets into the trails, he(she) realizes that hes(shes) in over his head and doesnt understand the serious consequences of his(hers) decision. soon later Taylor Smith get injured. broken limbs etc. Mr and Mrs Smith are pissed. every parent see's there child as an expert on what ever they do. so they look at there son(or daughter) and think "not my son, hes(shes) very talented, its not his fault". the Smiths take it to the courts and point fingers at blue from every possible aspect. blue fights back. wins. blue gets worried. blue takes away features thanks to a few retards who didnt know what they where doing.

sammo just hit er on the nose

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 14:34 Quote
actually 99% of the time it's not even the parents that sue its there insurance company that sues to be compensated

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
renegade wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
actually 99% of the time it's not even the parents that sue its there insurance company that sues to be compensated

haha i was just about to type up part 2 of my little rant and you pretty much just gave it in a nut shell

do it anyways

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
renegade wrote:
haha no you dont want that. trust me

yeah i do

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 21:04 Quote
hey
so you guys most have armor on when you ride blue mountain? and whey?

i was there 3 years ago and that mountain is crazy fast!!

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 23:41 Quote
so is blue mountain open summer 08 or not?

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 2:08 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:

As far as everyone knows it will be. There will be some sort of official announcement from them in march or april regarding wether they will be putting features back, if there will be more rider assesment and any other issues they have and want to enforce to make blue a safer place to ride in there eyes

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 10:14 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:

As far as everyone knows it will be. There will be some sort of official announcement from them in march or april regarding wether they will be putting features back, if there will be more rider assesment and any other issues they have and want to enforce to make blue a safer place to ride in there eyes
is that like a test in front of instructores ensureing you can ride?

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 11:44 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:

ya thats what they started last season after they took the features out..i'm sure there'll be more of that this yr especially if they put features back in. i heard lots of stuff the last weekend of the season from guys (who will remain nameless) that work there that that know a little more about whats going on other then the lifties..like they might have something like the boneyard at the bottom where autobahn exits the trees so unsuspecting parents have a better idea of what the kids are getting into but thats all heresay for now i guess.

FL
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 12:59 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

ya thats what they started last season after they took the features out..i'm sure there'll be more of that this yr especially if they put features back in. i heard lots of stuff the last weekend of the season from guys (who will remain nameless) that work there that that know a little more about whats going on other then the lifties..like they might have something like the boneyard at the bottom where autobahn exits the trees so unsuspecting parents have a better idea of what the kids are getting into but thats all heresay for now i guess.

There putting a mini put in there

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034295
Mobile Version of Website