Broken 4way swinger

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Broken 4way swinger
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 8:51 Quote
Antron wrote:
The knob never snapped off! I never said it did, one of the seals was totaled, that's the only thing that was wrong with it! It could be rebuilt if I felt like it, but I don't.

Haha my fault man. Talk about ADD kicking in.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 23:30 Quote
SX99 wrote:
Antron wrote:
The knob never snapped off! I never said it did, one of the seals was totaled, that's the only thing that was wrong with it! It could be rebuilt if I felt like it, but I don't.

Haha it's not a big deal. In the picture (which you can hardly see anyways...) I took the end of the shock off that has the adjustment knob on it. So maybe that's where you got that from or something.

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 21:15 Quote
Antron wrote:
SX99 wrote:
Antron wrote:

Haha it's not a big deal. In the picture (which you can hardly see anyways...) I took the end of the shock off that has the adjustment knob on it. So maybe that's where you got that from or something.

I think so yeah. And now it looks like I'm gonna have to have the top assembly taken off just to remove the coil. Awesome.

Posted: Jun 6, 2010 at 0:31 Quote
Haha, is your coil preload adjuster stuck?

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 19:18 Quote
Antron wrote:

Just the rebound adjuster knob snapping off. thats it. manitou said that the you might have to take off the top assembly to get the coil off and guess what? you have to take it off to remove the coil. just got shipped out today to a guy in boise whos gonna rebuild it for me. i avoided going through manitou because i actually wanna ride my bike this season.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 23:00 Quote
SX99 wrote:
Antron wrote:

Just the rebound adjuster knob snapping off. thats it. manitou said that the you might have to take off the top assembly to get the coil off and guess what? you have to take it off to remove the coil. just got shipped out today to a guy in boise whos gonna rebuild it for me. i avoided going through manitou because i actually wanna ride my bike this season.
Haha good call, if took them 3 weeks to send me a spring for my shock. Then it was broken anyways so I switched. But I still don't get how the broken rebound knob would make it so you can't take your spring off.

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 23:38 Quote
Antron wrote:
SX99 wrote:
Antron wrote:

Haha good call, if took them 3 weeks to send me a spring for my shock. Then it was broken anyways so I switched. But I still don't get how the broken rebound knob would make it so you can't take your spring off.

Its not the rebound knob thats keeping it from coming off. Its the top mount assembly. the coil cant fit around it. manitou warned it may happen in which case you gotta take apart the whole spring.

if i knew it was gonna be this much i wouldve just tried to drop down to 150lbs so i could use the spring already on there.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
Hey guys I have the same shock on my trek session 77 and Im looking for a 500lb spring for it. Would a fox Dhx or roco spring work on it. Cuz i can't find a manitou spring.

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 1:05 Quote
socalshreder wrote:
Hey guys I have the same shock on my trek session 77 and Im looking for a 500lb spring for it. Would a fox Dhx or roco spring work on it. Cuz i can't find a manitou spring.
You can have your local bike shop order them from Manitou. I have a roco spring on my fox, but I don't really know for sure if you can do that.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 14:02 Quote
I think a DHX spring will work cuz my brothers roco spring fit just wasnt the right spring rate for me. And my local bike shop sucks. They take forever to order anythi9ng to do with Fr or DH bikes.Cuz they mainly deal with XC and Road bikes.

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 22:46 Quote
I can tell you this much, Manitou is very slow for ordering stuff. But it may be worth it to get the right spring.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017753
Mobile Version of Website