Upgrade Parts for My New NS Holy

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Upgrade Parts for My New NS Holy
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
Yup, sorry but this IS another - "what can I spend on my new bike with Christmas money". Well I'm looking for a few minor lightweight upgrades for my NS Holy, and was wondering what you guys thought could/should be changed and what to get.
Thanks,
BTW - Im looking to get a new pivotal seat/post combo, and was looking at the federal pivotal seat/posts, just wondering would the slammed version of the seat post work with my bike, or are they mainly for BMX, and what shim size would I need?

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
EmteeHayze wrote:
Yup, sorry but this IS another - "what can I spend on my new bike with Christmas money". Well I'm looking for a few minor lightweight upgrades for my NS Holy, and was wondering what you guys thought could/should be changed and what to get.
Thanks,
BTW - Im looking to get a new pivotal seat/post combo, and was looking at the federal pivotal seat/posts, just wondering would the slammed version of the seat post work with my bike, or are they mainly for BMX, and what shim size would I need?
it shold work. just look on the ns bikes website. i would assume they would have the seat post size. i exspect its 27.2 or somthig like that. bmx posts are on 25.4. but their webpage should tel you

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 2:22 Quote
adam237 wrote:
EmteeHayze wrote:
Thanks,
it shold work. just look on the ns bikes website. i would assume they would have the seat post size. i exspect its 27.2 or somthig like that. bmx posts are on 25.4. but their webpage should tel you

I havent had any luck on their website www.nsbikes.com (plus, they only have the 08 version on atm, new website is coming soon) and I didnt find it on Lamacycles. http://www.lamacycles.com/en/products.php?prd=2507699510

Any way I can find out by myself?

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 5:09 Quote
start with the tyres, kenda k-rads are damn heavy, something like tabletops or small block 8s will do

and xt cranks

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 5:53 Quote
EmteeHayze wrote:
adam237 wrote:
EmteeHayze wrote:
Thanks,

I havent had any luck on their website www.nsbikes.com (plus, they only have the 08 version on atm, new website is coming soon) and I didnt find it on Lamacycles. http://www.lamacycles.com/en/products.php?prd=2507699510

Any way I can find out by myself?

Just email NS Bikes. They usually reply the same day on business days.

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
start with the tyres, kenda k-rads are damn heavy, something like tabletops or small block 8s will do

and xt cranks

I was looking at table tops, but ive heard they are easy to puncture and ive had bad past experience with punctures =/. I think I might take off the front brake and put a good hydro v brake out back, (dont wont disk because of skate park).
Leaving cranks, especially wouldn't get xt's. And maybe eventually some new wheels, Atomlab GI's probably

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
spongebomb wrote:

and xt cranks

O and how are k-rads "damn heavy", table tops or trademark for lightweight but are only 35g's lighter than the k-rads

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
your seat post is 27.2.
i have a slammable inspired bikes pivitol post really good.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10550&category_id=505

hope that is a help.

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 4:32 Quote
EmteeHayze wrote:
spongebomb wrote:

and xt cranks

O and how are k-rads "damn heavy", table tops or trademark for lightweight but are only 35g's lighter than the k-rads

i weighed my k-rads 26x2.3 and they were 1200g a piece! tabletops are around 600g?

i used to think either that k-rads were light because that's what their site says, buy when i weighed them i found out the real weight wasn't even close.
and my scale is correct, cause much other parts (like my argyle) had exactly the same weight as they should be

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 4:40 Quote
EmteeHayze wrote:
spongebomb wrote:

and xt cranks

I was looking at table tops, but ive heard they are easy to puncture and ive had bad past experience with punctures =/. I think I might take off the front brake and put a good hydro v brake out back, (dont wont disk because of skate park).
Leaving cranks, especially wouldn't get xt's. And maybe eventually some new wheels, Atomlab GI's probably

i've got pretty good experiences with xt cranks, and they're really light and cheap, so that's why i like xt cranks Smile

that's true, tabletops are idd easy to puncture :/ but most light tyres are Frown
btw, just remembered, i had Maxxis HolyRollers 24x1.85 a long time ago (when i rode 24") and those were really nice tyres! the weight was around the same as tabletops, they costed 16 euro (20dollar) a piece, and they had all the strenghts of a HolyRoller:
-strong (not easy to puncture)
-really grippy on concrete park, most tyres started to slip away when i speeded up in pools, holyrollers are one of the few which don't

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
EmteeHayze wrote:
spongebomb wrote:

and xt cranks

i weighed my k-rads 26x2.3 and they were 1200g a piece! tabletops are around 600g?

i used to think either that k-rads were light because that's what their site says, buy when i weighed them i found out the real weight wasn't even close.
and my scale is correct, cause much other parts (like my argyle) had exactly the same weight as they should be

Well that weight really cant be correct sorry, :/. Heck even this thread says so https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=16419&pagenum=1 . And on MBR.com they say there 635gs. And if I got new cranks some time id go for 3-piece tbh.

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
i have k-rads and they are heavy as f**K, cant be bothered to weigh them tho, too much effort lol

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
new fork, new brake and you should be set.

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 9:36 Quote
EmteeHayze wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
EmteeHayze wrote:

Well that weight really cant be correct sorry, :/. Heck even this thread says so https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=16419&pagenum=1 . And on MBR.com they say there 635gs. And if I got new cranks some time id go for 3-piece tbh.

weigh it yourself if you don't believe me, the weight of my 26x2.3 is 1200g, and i'm 100% sure that the weight is correct Smile

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
EmteeHayze wrote:
spongebomb wrote:

Kk, ill weigh them soon because youve got me interested Smile
And if they are heavy its almost a good thing because both ends feel really light already and if I cna lighten then up alot more with just new tyres that would be good

weigh it yourself if you don't believe me, the weight of my 26x2.3 is 1200g, and i'm 100% sure that the weight is correct Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011675
Mobile Version of Website