Upgrade Parts for My New NS Holy

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Upgrade Parts for My New NS Holy
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
Katol wrote:
new fork, new brake and you should be set.

Brakes are good atm, but i cant see them lasting long. For a fork I had started looking at the Rebate Park, but now ive noticed that the new NS RNS 2 2009 fork is around 1300gs whereas the Rebate is 1400gs, it also seems alot stronger

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
heard the RNS has much flex...
the rebate is deffinetly the best rigid fork for street/dirt/park

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
yeh, and the rns are like 40 quid more. And does anyone know what size and what headlock i could get for my bike, so i can put my front brake cable through it

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 2:28 Quote
lose the front break. you dont need it.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 5:57 Quote
EmteeHayze wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
yeh, and the rns are like 40 quid more. And does anyone know what size and what headlock i could get for my bike, so i can put my front brake cable through it

the easiest is to drill a hole in in

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 8:21 Quote
*Subscribed* I will pay close attention to this thread Big Grin

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
Why would you go for a good 3 piece Cr-mo BMX crank when XT's are -

-Cheaper
-Lighter
-Better looking

Also, Intense Micro Knobbys are the perfect park tyre. I would go for a rebate up front over a NS rigid.

Why do you not want a Disc?

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
keep it simple. bmx cranks may be a little heavier. but stronger. i would trust profiles over sints anyday. and discs always go wrong. they are wank haha.

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
adam237 wrote:
keep it simple. bmx cranks may be a little heavier. but stronger. i would trust profiles over sints anyday. and discs always go wrong. they are wank haha.

Sints?

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
saints. sorry. the a doesnt work to well.

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
Hmmm, well im definitely sticking with v's. The tyres you showed me seemed quick expensive but the main reason is that I cant find them anywhere in 24 inch. Otherwise, what do you think of Table Tops sport, alot cheaper than their folding brother, any good?

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
EmteeHayze wrote:
spongebomb wrote:

the easiest is to drill a hole in in

Um, dont think i feel up to doing that lol, ill just find out what size i need.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 3:54 Quote
EmteeHayze wrote:
Hmmm, well im definitely sticking with v's. The tyres you showed me seemed quick expensive but the main reason is that I cant find them anywhere in 24 inch. Otherwise, what do you think of Table Tops sport, alot cheaper than their folding brother, any good?

Bump?

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
get some khe park folding 24's 480g apparently
and ither rns forks or identiti park forks or something,

would be very nice

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 9:34 Quote
Well ive planned out what im going to "upgrade" only little thing but if the numbers are right (I calculated the weight i would lose from the tyres by saying the k-rads weight 900gs each, still need to weigh them) my bike should go from 28.4lb to around 26.4. This is by getting a Federal Stump Seat pose and pivotal seat (around 300gs as the combo and i weighed the seat+post on the ns as around 600gs), along with Schwalbe Table Top Sport tyres http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24638. 600gs each.
Sounds good. Still need to weigh my tyre tho, very interested about that, and how much do you think the Tektro v-brake would weight, im planning to take it off.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013559
Mobile Version of Website