Bmx upgrades?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Bmx upgrades?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
what should i upgrade on my bmx? its a 2008 free agent imperial.

specs:

Frame: Full CrMo w/wishbone stays and 8mm thick dropouts.
Fork: Full CrMo 1-1/4 blades
Rims: Sun Box chrome rear and black anodized front
Hubs: Alloy cassette hubs with 3/8" front and 14mm rear axles
Tires: Free Agent Dirt 2.25" front and Street 1.95" rear
Crankset: Free Agent 3 pc. hollow CrMo 33t ring, 180mm
BB: 10-splined cartridge bearings
Freewheel: 12t
Saddle: Free Agent pivotal
Brakes: Tektro FX15 forged
Extras: Rotor, pegs and chain tensioner
Color: Flat Afterburner Gray

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
uhhhhhhhhhhhm i think you need a new bike man. . . try to look in 3ride.com and the fir bikes are so sick you should get them

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
Well, i take it from the pegs that this is a street rig? if it is then you might want a new front tyre, take the gyro off if you havnt done already... Free agent arent a great brand tbh, you might want to look into a new bike. I've got a diamondback joker atm, and i thought at first oh itll be fine its just a trend thing, and then i realised that i really did need a new bike XD

Its up to you tbh.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
theres nothing wrong with it for now though, i just started bmx. im just wondering what i should upgrade first, what's actually more important

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
if your doing street take off all the brakes and get a new front tire

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
imspecialized9 wrote:
if your doing street take off all the brakes and get a new front tire
yeah im gonna get new tires after winter but it'll probably be better for now incase i ride in the snow lol

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
orangebiker7 wrote:
theres nothing wrong with it for now though, i just started bmx. im just wondering what i should upgrade first, what's actually more important

Your exactly right to be fair. Do what im doing, upgrade as you get the money then eventually get a new frame.

Street - You might want to take off front brake, gyro, new brake cable obv then new front tyre, to start with.

Dirt - You should be okay with the rear tyre you got now, but if you really want to change something then just get another slightly chunkier tyre, take off front brake and gyro, new brake line, new seat maybe? pedals?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
back wheel. proper bikes do good stuff

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
Honestly, upgrading that is a waste of money.

If you decided you like BMX and think you will stay with it, buy a new bike please.

Sell it and squeeze every dollar you can get back out of it.

Hit up danscomp.com and buy a new bike $500+ (Fit, Subrosa, Eastern) Anything with 25-9 gearing us USUALLY decent.

Sincerely,

Bike Shop Employee

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
really ride that bike upgrade as you feel your getting better than your bike or when parts break.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 22:17 Quote
juan0724 wrote:
really ride that bike upgrade as you feel your getting better than your bike or when parts break.

^if you want to waste money

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
i say just ride it till it breaks thats what i did when i first started and believe me its gonna break, first goes the wheels and hubs since they arent sealed, make sure to keep an eye on any movent coming from the hub, just tighten the lock nut often and you shouldnt have too much of a problem but other than that grips is gonna be the best upgrade you can do for a bike

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
balfabb7man wrote:
i say just ride it till it breaks thats what i did when i first started and believe me its gonna break, first goes the wheels and hubs since they arent sealed, make sure to keep an eye on any movent coming from the hub, just tighten the lock nut often and you shouldnt have too much of a problem but other than that grips is gonna be the best upgrade you can do for a bike

waste of money...

if you like BMX sell it to an idiot and buy a decent bike as soon as you can.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
you should just slam your seat, thats all. that bike looks solid.

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 7:27 Quote
tremblay wrote:
balfabb7man wrote:

waste of money...

if you like BMX sell it to an idiot and buy a decent bike as soon as you can.
its not a waste of money itll last him a while until he starts getting crazy and starts jumping a whole bunch of shit and starts doing 180's, and 360's as long as hes semi smooth hell be fine

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015107
Mobile Version of Website