How much do DH wordcup racers get paid?

PB Forum :: Downhill
How much do DH wordcup racers get paid?
Mod
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
That's for one event. Those checks aren't their annual salary.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Obviosly Facepalm

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:15 Quote
do you get paid alot to advertise tld all over your body edd-stevens?

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
stryke wrote:
do you get paid alot to advertise tld all over your body edd-stevens?

Its not a living, mummy and daddy pay me though. i mostly do it for my e_reputation.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
so why are you advertising them?

Mod
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
edd-stevens wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
Obviosly Facepalm

So, those checks mean nothing as it isn't their gross salary and do nothing to help calculate their salary. That's the amount they spend at the bar/club after the races.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:18 Quote
stryke wrote:

because it makes me look factory...

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
stryke wrote:

so if i wear some nike 6.0's riding im now advertising for them....yeah ok sure thing Confused

i sware all you do is find what edd's posted in then bring up the old subject of the "factory" look..

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
hockeynut wrote:
gooieshred wrote:
i know that in hockey , lots of players make more on advertising than on salary.
thats with bonus's tho also they make a lot more with sponsors....look at Tiger Woods
mayeb 10 millions won in tourny's and 100 million from sponsors
and all the babes he gets too!!!!

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:25 Quote
live-life-2-ride-mtb wrote:
stryke wrote:

so if i wear some nike 6.0's riding im now advertising for them....yeah ok sure thing Confused

i sware all you do is find what edd's posted in then bring up the old subject of the "factory" look..

sure, but theyre shoes, you need them

a full factory race suit is not needed to ride a bike

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:28 Quote
stryke wrote:
stryke wrote:

soo many people choose to wear full kit. just because i have a rather bright one, doesent make it any different to the rest.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:28 Quote
mickeydesadist2 wrote:
hockeynut wrote:
gooieshred wrote:
i know that in hockey , lots of players make more on advertising than on salary.
thats with bonus's tho also they make a lot more with sponsors....look at Tiger Woods
mayeb 10 millions won in tourny's and 100 million from sponsors
and all the babes he gets too!!!!

Tiger woods has actually amassed over A Billion dollars in course winnings alone... not to mention the 15+ Million a year he WAS getting from his sponsorships.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:30 Quote
stryke wrote:
stryke wrote:

well you need something to ride in, unless you want to go comando ?

i wear tld short's and a normal fox/tld t-shirt... doesnt mean i advertising for them.

i dont see the point in spend loads on a full kit but its hardly advertising. haha

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
its none of your damn business how much somebody gets paid.
Sure it is, If the government has to know for their reasons, and in school they keep telling us utter shit like "we are the government", then we have a right to know to see if we want to persue certain actions as careers or just hobbies. In other facets of employment,we can judge whether a job is worth putting effort into or just coasting through. Its fun to ride and race bikes no matter what the pro's have compared to most of us but when you see the owners of certain rip-off box stores drive in on a Rolls or Caddy and you get minimum wage,you resent the hard work you put in to get em there.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:38 Quote
maybe think of it this way, you wouldnt turn up to a high end office job in jeans and tee, you'd wear a nice suit because it looks professional.

edd is probab;y just trying to look professional when he rides his bike as sponsors look out for people who A) ride quick and B) care how they present themselves to others

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.122298
Mobile Version of Website