Bike Quality Vs. skill level

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Bike Quality Vs. skill level
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
me2menow wrote:
i-bicycle wrote:
me2menow wrote:
dont you hate it when people say crap like "they show boners"? They do the exact opposite
what are you talking about like yea skinny jeans shows the guys package
not if u sag a bit...
good point

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
every time i wear baggy pants they get caught in the chainring and torn to shit.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
There are a lot of kids around where I ride that like to have their $1000+ bikes but cannot ride worth shit. I hear them always talking about all the trendy parts "oooh, I wantz some pimplites!" or "Where can I buy somez more white partz!!!@". Seriously it's so annoying. Then there are the kids who buy a XC bike and attempt to turn it into a DJ bike by addind BMX parts...

Buy the right bike for whatever your doing. Seriously

[/rant]

You need SOME skill to have a decent bike. Start with the lower end bikes and work your skill level up, then change over to a bike with the genre you like best.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
every time i wear baggy pants they get caught in the chainring and torn to shit.
thats another reason why i wear tight jeans

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
ho
tru dat. all my pants have holes in the cuff now Razz

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
oops, I just realized my post said ho.

I wasn't calling you a ho

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
I think that the bike quality only matters upto a point, obviously a kid will ride better on a 3 grand dh bike than a 30 quid halfords special, but i think that passed the 1000 pound mark (new) it is the skill lever that makes the biggest difference.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
whatever its cool.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
im not an amazing biker but i bought a good bike so i wouldnt be afraid that my bke wuold just fail on me if i tried something, so in the end a better bike means more reliable which means more confidence in the bike and yourself, which means progression

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
i agree with most of this.
i went from a walmart bike to a kona stinky in a year. i saved up and worked for it. sold that bike, got a commencal supreme dh. now im in the process of selling the commencal frame and getting an intense M6. im 14. i worked for the money, used money from sold parts and gear, and just put money aside to NOT spend. saving is the best way to do things. my parents just give me allowance and some money for holidays.

Personally, when i have a kid he/she will have THE nicest bike possible. if he wants a stinky, i'll get him a foes. i dont care.

if a bike doesnt hold you back, you have room to grow.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
Just don't pay attention to the posers. They obviously have no talent, and like the Corvette analogy made apparent, it will become obvious.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
me2menow wrote:
i-bicycle wrote:
me2menow wrote:
dont you hate it when people say crap like "they show boners"? They do the exact opposite
what are you talking about like yea skinny jeans shows the guys package
not if u sag a bit...
I don't now what this "sag" is, all I know is that before my skinnyjeans ripped at the crotch from a hilarious wipeout, it always looked like I was smuggling kielbasa. Which can feel kinda of revealing considering I am living in the largest rainbow village in Canada outside of Montreal.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
rubbersidedown661 wrote:
Just don't pay attention to the posers. They obviously have no talent, and like the Corvette analogy made apparent, it will become obvious.
nvm.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
Ya, I edited my earlier post, because I forgot to quote so it didn't make sense, so I re-wrote it, then wrote another lol. About the below the waist thing though, I understand now. Too hard for me though. Born with a bad case of the Ghetto booty.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
rubbersidedown661 wrote:
I don't now what this "sag" is, all I know is that before my skinnyjeans ripped at the crotch from a hilarious wipeout, it always looked like I was smuggling kielbasa. Which can feel kinda of revealing considering I am living in the largest rainbow village in Canada outside of Montreal.
sagging is when you wear yourpants lower than the waist

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023795
Mobile Version of Website