Brakeless vs. Brakes Bmx only

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Brakeless vs. Brakes Bmx only
O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 at 18:57 Quote
im brakeless on my mtb when my new rims are in

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 13:08 Quote
what's the point of riding brakeless? Are people really THAT much of a pu$$y they need to remove brakes to cut weight??? I mean u might save money by not using brakes but them u waste ur money on new shoes! new brakepads r cheaper then shoes

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 13:13 Quote
dbcg wrote:
what's the point of riding brakeless? Are people really THAT much of a pu$$y they need to remove brakes to cut weight??? I mean u might save money by not using brakes but them u waste ur money on new shoes! new brakepads r cheaper then shoes

Watch a couple bmx vids sometime and you'll get the idea that it's more than just weight savings. It puts you in a mindset; "I can't stop if I mess up, so I better get this dialed."

Plus it's insanely fun.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 13:39 Quote
brakes are for pu$$y's. brakeless is so much more fun and no getting cut by your lever Smile brakes are such a hastle, you always have to re-adjust them and are a bitch to set up. f*ck brakes!!! f*cking park riders!

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
macneil-bmx wrote:
brakes are for pu$$y's. brakeless is so much more fun and no getting cut by your lever Smile brakes are such a hastle, you always have to re-adjust them and are a bitch to set up. f*ck brakes!!! f*cking park riders!
who the hell gets cut by their lever ? lol

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 15:36 Quote
essexrider94 wrote:
macneil-bmx wrote:
who the hell gets cut by their lever ? lol

im not saying brakeless is the best but it is realy fun
im thinking about brakes atm but im not sure

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 16:22 Quote
Add me
Brakeless on my new bmx :Cool :

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 17:37 Quote
brakes are for pu$$ies? people that want to be able to stop intime when riding in a park or if they're about to get hit by a car are pu$$ies? that makes no sense. And I've never been cut by a lever so idk wtf that's about. I might not use brakes 100% of my ride but it's always best to have them there just incase. There's absolutley no sensible arguement against riders that use brakes. It's a safety precaution and it's alot easier than swinging your leg around to brake. I'd rather keep my shoes nicer longer and have them both firmly planted on my pedals. Anyone that argues that brakeless is better is just following fads. Idc if someone rides brakeless, I care when they think they're better for doing so

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 18:33 Quote
If you havent tried both you have no say or opinion in which one is better.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 18:38 Quote
Chill y'all. This topic has been beaten to death and it always turns into a flame war. I could care less what you think. Ride what you want and be done with it.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 19:00 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:

Can the same thing be said about driving a car or riding a motorcycle with no brakes?

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 19:02 Quote
spyke wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:

Can the same thing be said about driving a car or riding a motorcycle with no brakes?

no, thats a completely different topic. Dont hate on riding brakeless if you havent tried it.

Heres proof, my freind hated brakeless and when he bought his new frame it had no mounts, now after he tried it out he stuck with it.

And I agree with justin, this is going to start a flame war, its already been argued.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 19:55 Quote
I have tried both. I think most people have. Everyone's brakes go shot after a while just like any other part. There's no advantage of ridign brakeless. I personally dont feel safe or comfortable ridign at high speeds w/ no brakes and i really dont like messing up my shoes. I dont have the money to replace them every month. And I never said i was "hating", it's just not a safe sensible way to ride. Its just like how kids argue about wearing helmets when they ride. its just for the look. helmets and brakes = more confidence and a safer ride. There's no arguement against that, period. If you dont want to ride with brakes than dont do it. but dont argue that its in anyway better. I understand it makes your bike look simpler and cleaner and feels more solid cuz you dont get the cable rattle and you dont cut ur ankles on frayed brakeline bit those are all sacrifices worth taking when your riding a popular spot or at a park or riding in a hilly area.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 20:03 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:

no, thats a completely different topic. Dont hate on riding brakeless if you havent tried it.

I have tried it,my brake cable broke one time when I was out riding,I was like 10 miles away from home.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 20:33 Quote
I always thought better was based on opinion. IN MY OPINION, and apparently a few other people's, brakeless is better because it's more fun.

It's cool that you have your own personal beliefs on it, but don't come in here preaching about what's best. We all have our own ideas on it and it's pretty arrogant to shove your will down our throats, ya know?

Is it safer? Hell no, but nobody claimed that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013056
Mobile Version of Website