What Brakes?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What Brakes?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
Budget: Juicy 5 hands down. Super cheap with a decent amount of power and a pretty good feel.
Not budget: Codes, pretty much better in every way.

Not sure about hope of shimano or magura or any of those... have yet to ride them.
Stay clear of hayes though... I've yet to hear anybody I know say they were good. People just ride them on their bike till they need a bleed/new pads then get rid of them for something better.

hayes nine carbons are great brakes with a 8" rotor. just they got a bad reputation from the el camino and mags

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
kovacs2121 wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
Budget: Juicy 5 hands down. Super cheap with a decent amount of power and a pretty good feel.
Not budget: Codes, pretty much better in every way.

Not sure about hope of shimano or magura or any of those... have yet to ride them.
Stay clear of hayes though... I've yet to hear anybody I know say they were good. People just ride them on their bike till they need a bleed/new pads then get rid of them for something better.

hayes nine carbons are great brakes with a 8" rotor. just they got a bad reputation from the el camino and mags
Dude I've run 9's on all my bikes stock(apart from the frame up build), and currently have them on my hardtail... They have zero power, and feel about as god as a rolled up wet newspaper haha.

Once in a blue moon I hear about some lucky SOB that got a good pair of them. But it's yet to happen to anyone I know.

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 15:41 Quote
Don't get hayes!!!! I don't know if anyone has experienced the same problems but the couple pairs I have had have been super noisy. I also find they feel squishy. I have a few friends who have the juicy 7's and they love them, and they are so quiet. If i had the extra i'd get a pair of those for sure.

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
All brakes are noisy, it depends on the conditions.

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
All brakes are noisy, it depends on the conditions.
I know that. But the hayes i've had have always been noisy and squeal. I never hear my friends juicy 7's

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014036
Mobile Version of Website