Best lift access mountain near Colorado Springs?

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Best lift access mountain near Colorado Springs?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
im going on vacation there this summer and am wondering what the best DH lift access mountain close to colorado springs is?

thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
probably gonna be keystone, and thats about 2.5 hours away. And of course not available for riding till summer

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 9:13 Quote
I don't know exactly how close it is but I had a blast at aspen. there were only like three runs (one was pretty good though very a-liney) but at the bottom was an AWESOME terrain park. Lots of drops, berms, doubles, hips. The best part of all is a lift ticket was 5 bucks. It was also enjoyable being a dirtbag mtber in aspen. Beer

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
Depending on what route you take (i-70 or independance pass) aspen (or you might have riden snowmass) Is about 4-5 hours from COS

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
vail seems to be the closest from what i could find?

have you ridden there in the summer? was it any good?

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
sk8kid33 wrote:
Depending on what route you take (i-70 or independance pass) aspen (or you might have riden snowmass) Is about 4-5 hours from COS

Nope definitely aspen. I had a blast there, but it wasn't epic. I'll ride there again for sure if I'm in the neighborhood but doubtful it will ever be my destination.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
willbikeforbeer wrote:
sk8kid33 wrote:

Nope definitely aspen. I had a blast there, but it wasn't epic. I'll ride there again for sure if I'm in the neighborhood but doubtful it will ever be my destination.

definitly should have drove like 20 minutes over and ridden snowmass, its got a pretty gnarly fast nationals course plus a ton more

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
Keystone or Sol Vista.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
revowhat wrote:
Keystone or Sol Vista.

how far are those from COS?

thanks alot for all the responses!

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
I believe about three hours a piece. Depends how long it takes you to get from C.springs to I-70 really, took me about an hour and half last time I drove that, and from there keystone is about an hour, and sol vista is about an hour and a half.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
sk8kid33 wrote:
willbikeforbeer wrote:
sk8kid33 wrote:

definitly should have drove like 20 minutes over and ridden snowmass, its got a pretty gnarly fast nationals course plus a ton more

Yeah we considered it, but were on a time crunch. Next time tho!

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
Winterpark is doing it up. Cant wait for the snow to melt. Check that place out. Then Sol Vista is only 20 minutes away from WP. Stay the night and hit two kinds of riding.

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 13:23 Quote
so being in co sprgs it is only bout 2.5 hours from a few great places. take your pic from Winter Park, Keystone, Aspen, and monarch has shuttles to 14 miles of mostly dh. There is always the barr trail that runs down from the top of pikes peak, again mostly dh but will have some up hill. The top section is re freakin diculous, then there is cheyenne canyon. Park at the top of hy-drive and ride seven miles down to cresta rd. then park the bike and walk bout 2.5 hours back up a hill with amazing views! there are some secret trails i am still trying to find. Best of luck bro!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011954
Mobile Version of Website