How do I change the oil in my 66 ?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How do I change the oil in my 66 ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 5:41 Quote
Hi!
I have a 2008 Marzocchi 66 RCV and I need to do an oilchange in it but I dont know exactly how to do it. I havent found any turtorials or anything to help me on the way so does anyone have a turtorial for it? or could someone just explain how to do ?

Thanks, Max

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
all u need is a tool for the rear cassete sprockets and 12mm socket wrench-unskrew the top caps pour the oil and if u want to clean the fork from the inside unskrew it from the bottom this is in general what u have to do.when assembling be careful not to overtighening the bottom caps they are very week ask someone else for more details but it's not that hard to do it

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 7:37 Quote
stefanmb wrote:
all u need is a tool for the rear cassete sprockets and 12mm socket wrench-unskrew the top caps pour the oil and if u want to clean the fork from the inside unskrew it from the bottom this is in general what u have to do.when assembling be careful not to overtighening the bottom caps they are very week ask someone else for more details but it's not that hard to do it

why a tool for the rear sprocket?

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 7:41 Quote
because its not the same top cap as the older 66 forks. (like the one in your avatar)
i think the new one is called E-Torx screw.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009310
Mobile Version of Website