Kona Debate Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Kona Debate Thread
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
sorbet wrote:
Nope, I was talking about Konas, though this year the Norcos have gone up in price, which they shouldn't have.
the new norcos piss me off the paint is uglyer than the child of to gingers, the 4xxxx is like what 3200 cdn and the witch in my opinion have better spec is only 2600 shit im going kona for 09

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
sorbet wrote:
Most people don't like the geo of the bikes...
They also seemed to be overpriced for what you get.
I disagree that they are overpriced. Compare the specs of a 2008 Bighit, and a 2008 Stinky. IMO the stinky has better specs.
Which Big Hit, which Stinky?

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Kona along with almost every other brand-name bike manufacturer are overpriced. Giant is easily the best bang for your buck that the industry has to offer. Look at the Glory DH at just over $5000 Canadian. Similar bikes by other companies speced with the same high-end components are well above $6000 with some retailing closer or over $7000!
i damn near shit a brick when i saw the norco team downhill who in there right mind is going to pay 7200 for a bike i know i wouldnt but hey im only 15 maybe im just stupid

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Kona along with almost every other brand-name bike manufacturer are overpriced. Giant is easily the best bang for your buck that the industry has to offer. Look at the Glory DH at just over $5000 Canadian. Similar bikes by other companies speced with the same high-end components are well above $6000 with some retailing closer or over $7000!
Giant is easily the best bang for your buck, but still way more expensive than it should be, along with every other bike company in the industry.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
sorbet wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
sorbet wrote:
I disagree that they are overpriced. Compare the specs of a 2008 Bighit, and a 2008 Stinky. IMO the stinky has better specs.
BigHit 1, and regular Stinky.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
sorbet wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
sorbet wrote:
imo the stinky and the bighit 2 are the closest together. and i would take the stinky personally

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010130
Mobile Version of Website