How can I ride on stoppie?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 4:05 Quote
HEY, I HAVE V-BRAKES, IS IT POSSIBLE?
NOW, I CAN RIDE ON STOPPIE ABOUT 2 METRES
HOW LONG I CAN RIDE ON FRONT WHEEL?
CAN YOU HELP ME?

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 4:36 Quote
of course its possible. just modulate a bunch, and help your back end up by pre-absorbing it with your body. its really cool to learn, since then you can link a rolling endo into wde simmons-style drops off skinnys, back wheel first, and that sort stuff. i used to do front brake variational stuff so much that now i can do most of it without a front brake

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 4:50 Quote
thanks,
i can one handed wheelie, manual, jump on rear wheel aand it would be gr8 to can do long monstrual stoppieWink lol

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 9:22 Quote
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK! its quite annoying. tup

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
I thought posts in all caps would be deleted. But to answer your question, I would say you can't ride on the front wheel or you would not be asking. Some guys gan do it for a good distance without brakes so yes it is possible. How do you do it? Balance on the front tire and coast for 2 meters then fall back.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 12:58 Quote
thanks, now i can ride on weel, it isnt difficult.
Nice trick, long stoppie YEAH!!!

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
what's ENDO???
its like stoppie, isnt it?

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
CRAZYRIDER26 wrote:
what's ENDO???
its like stoppie, isnt it?
Isn't an endo, when you use your front brake to pick up the back wheel, and then use your back brake to lift it your front wheel when you rock back? You can go into a hop from that or just keep doing it.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
nooo a stoppie is where you come to a stop on your front wheel by grabbing a handful of brake, but an endo is where you try and go along on your front wheel and eventually faceplant.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
nooo a stoppie is where you come to a stop on your front wheel by grabbing a handful of brake, but an endo is where you try and go along on your front wheel and eventually faceplant.
NOOOO a stoppie is front wheel rolling, I'm sure thats it lol. Its called a stoppie in motox isnt it?

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
i think so, my bike isnt good bike for street, but i'll try....

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
jallan wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
NOOOO a stoppie is front wheel rolling, I'm sure thats it lol. Its called a stoppie in motox isnt it?

oh jesus you've confused me now! haha i thought it was like stoppie you stop and endo you keep going. ah well. make it up as you go along eh?

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
jallan wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

oh jesus you've confused me now! haha i thought it was like stoppie you stop and endo you keep going. ah well. make it up as you go along eh?
OH shit your post is confusing me too!!!
I think if you can do it cool, but if you cant when someone says can you do trick "x" you go. What the f*ck is that and then pull something easy like a wheelie and say Oh i thought you meant that, then say IM NOT A f*ckING CIRCUS MONKEY ON A BICYCLE IM A HUMAN BEING!!! I HAVE RIGHTS!!!

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
can i jump on front tire with suspension fork???
do you know any nice street tricks about wheelie, manual, bunny hop???
i havent pegs, so any grind trick isnt for me...

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
CRAZYRIDER26 wrote:
can i jump on front tire with suspension fork???
do you know any nice street tricks about wheelie, manual, bunny hop???
i havent pegs, so any grind trick isnt for me...
180's? I use to be able to do that on a full suspension XC bike i had, if you used the rebound if you were lucky you could get the full 180 and then pedal backwards until you were stable.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018050
Mobile Version of Website