What Manitou products are you running and rate it....

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What Manitou products are you running and rate it....
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
barry-kid-001 wrote:
TRAVIS TI TRIPLE INTRINSIC 2007 6.5/10Salute
very good prforming fork but too linear for my riding style and small truning circle huge a-c height tooRolleyes
update on my previous post: i have since taken off the travis' and replaced it with a marrzocchi drop off 3 150mm 2006 with 10 wt oil in it so here is a quick comparison:
small bumps:travis:excellent,no brake dive
drop off:resonable takes most small hits,terrible brake dive

cornering+stiffness:travis:restricted, but very stiff no flex
drop off:single crown speaks for itself, quite flexy noticable when hard braking reduced front rotor size to decrease effect.

big impacts:travis:average too liner,but controlled rebound once all travel was used
drop off:quite good very progressive, bit of an erratic rebound changes randomly evry now and then.

overall:travis wins but if you ride more freeride than dh they are too liner

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
ime running on manitou shermans for downhill and there perpect

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
I ride a 05' Manitou Nixon. I love it, it has 145mm of travel

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:39 Quote
i have a set of Manitou Travis Insintics and there awesome...one of the best forks ive ridden...but its not better then my Boxxer Razz

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
4 seasons old Answer Protaper OS.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
06 manitou metel R, 7/10, rebound sucks,

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 21:39 Quote
hey i was wondering if a manitou sherman breakout plus camo edition is an okay fork and how much it is new??

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
Im using a Manitou Platinum Super,i'd say they're alright when they are tuned right and are very plush. they bottom out pretty easy because the srock spring is like an x soft and it is annoying for jumps and also with my fork, once and a while it starts leaking little amounts of the semi bath lube. The rebound does suck a bit, and i have to pump mine up to somewhere around 205psi for a satisfactory to good performance. their IT technology is a POS so i took off the IT lever. how they did this bad is that the IT thing is integrated,can't change it with the rockshox cartridges. i'd say with Answer's customer support is pretty good,they answer within 1-2 days

i'd give it 7.5/10

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 8:24 Quote
photo

manitou sherman slider '05 170mm travel 3/10 there rubbish

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 9:01 Quote
manitou travis 180 single = sickest fork ever. doesn't blow up four times in one season like my totem did. and it doesn't top out and have inconsistent rebound like my 66 rc2 did.

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 9:24 Quote
im not sure what year, but im running a manitou 4 way swinger thats been revalved, buttery smooth, bottomless and have only had it serviced once, it also has a manitou spring on it. its on ym 06 devinci johnson, when i hit the big set of jumps at the park in merritt, my rear tire actually rubs on my seat Razz

good all around prduct for the $ 7/10 just becuase i know there are way better shocks out there.

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 10:19 Quote
I've loved all the Manitou shocks and forks I've run I've had a 80 mm gold label that never bottemed of had any problems with. Had a 150 travis on my hardtail and it was buttery smooth all the time till I sold it and soon to be a 203 travis triple on my demo so I'll have to see how that is.isms demo has a 6 way on it And it works great so far I give them 9.5 out of 10 the olny downside is the tuning part takes forever but once its tuned to the rider its god

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
I've got an 01 SX-r, I got it for free off this guy 15 months ago, in all that time the only thing that's happened is the rebound knob and screw broke off, my LBS had one for a fiver, it's orange, light, strong and the spring rate is perfect for me,

9/10 Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020841
Mobile Version of Website