Manitou opinions

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Manitou opinions
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
Any opinions of the company are welcome. I have recently changed my opinion of manitou for the worse after this happened to my gold label when i ditched my bike on the aptos step up. (has a SAND landing covered with a carpet)

<Photo does not exist: 2886480>
<Photo does not exist: 2886478>
<Photo does not exist: 2886476>
<Photo does not exist: 2886475>
<Photo does not exist: 2886474>
<Photo does not exist: 2886473>
<Photo does not exist: 2886472>
<Photo does not exist: 2886471>
<Photo does not exist: 2886469>
<Photo does not exist: 2886467>
<Photo does not exist: 2886466>
<Photo does not exist: 2886465>

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:52 Quote
You mean something failed due to user error..........go figure

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:54 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:

id consider the arch cracking through completely a little more manitou's fault if i ditched my bike

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:55 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
its true, i have the same fork,exactly the same, i hope nothing like this happens to mine. But this is a user failure, they are still one hell of a dirt jump fork. Cam mcaul uses it for slopestyle.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
Ok welcome to the real world. YOU ditched YOUR bike when YOU didn't make the step up. The fork took forces through it that it wasn't designed to under normal riding (being DJ or Street) activities. Seems more like the price to play.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
talk shit about manitou but i had that exact same thing happen to my marzo dj. same spot but it was off a 4 stair drop into grass transition. i didnt even land rough. i bought another marzo right after. shit happens. dont shit talk the company cuz one of the forks you have from them broke.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:58 Quote
exactly, they are meant to be landed on normally for dirtjumping, not thrown when your not going to land something. I bought a manitou when i needed a fork that wasn't going to weigh 8 pounds, manitous are damn light and meant to be ridden normally.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:02 Quote
I loved the fork, it rode great, and i understand that they arent meant to handle extreme forces, but under the circumstances, I was very disappointed in how the fork held up. If I had bailed the bike into the backside of a double, that would be a different story, but in this case the bike was quite literally let go of in mid air and i jumped off. Both myself and the bike landed upright on the downslope of the landing and the bike then fell over and the handlebars spun. In these circumstances, I feel the fork should have withstood the forces present and am disappointed that such a great dj fork broke on me.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
not trying to start a huge flame on me or the company, just wanted opinions, so i changed the name of the thread and my first post. There ya go

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
break another one like that before you talk s*** about the company. i dont know how you could go from loving a company to hating it from something like that. perhaps it was a manufacturing problem. did u call manitou? can u warranty it?

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
i no someone who got their forked welded professionally, like properly done. Try that if you are willing to spend around a 100 bucks to replace it.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
I did send manitou an email, and i dont hate them, was disappointed that a very good fork broke.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:08 Quote
localboy9 wrote:
I did send manitou an email, and i dont hate them, was disappointed that a very good fork broke.
thats better. its just you said your opinion for them turned for the worst. i see now. do you have that fork on your blitz or that mtn cycle?

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
mtn cycle, and thank you for understanding my situation. Ill have to post some pics of my two bikes because now they are both more built up for either dj or trails. It was on a dj spec'd bike and frame

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
localboy9 wrote:
mtn cycle, and thank you for understanding my situation. Ill have to post some pics of my two bikes because now they are both more built up for either dj or trails. It was on a dj spec'd bike and frame
not asking because of that. just wanted to know. that blitz is cool.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032978
Mobile Version of Website