Kamiskotia Ski Resort into a Bike Park!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Kamiskotia Ski Resort into a Bike Park!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
So here it is. I got word that Kamiskotia Resort is wanting to turn it into a full year resort. Post your name and what you think! They want to see how many people are interested. Thanks!

Daver

Ride and Be Free

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
I thought about thsi mamny times, new board and people running it and Ive heard they're way more progressive BUT they need all new chairs next year so how are u gonna get up the hill ? liek I cant see them buying chairs so shuttle I guess?
but Im all in for it even if they just let us build and opened the chalet for food , pay like 30 bucks or somethign for a trail pass for the year

I like the idea ...I know Id be there all the time haha

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
yea, he was saying for the first bit it would be a progression park on the chalet, then slowly build up when they see that it is in demand. He said at first you'd have to hike a bike.

Ride and Be Free

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
I would be up for going there, sounds like a good idea and could turn out great.

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 4:46 Quote
OoO well Id even be up for a hike a bike if we had some trails to ride liek its not that hard of climb hahaha

Im up for building it 2

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 6:10 Quote
ok so we need some more names up here guys!! Lets show them how much we need a park here!

Ride and Be Free

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
LOL you need to post yours to david haha....
Clint Mckenzie
Male 23
Timmins Ontario

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
David Webb
Timmins ont
Long walks on the beach and trail building

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
no one else wants a bike park at kam?? It would be fun! haha just trying to keep this note alive

Ride and Be Free

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
well Im want one
brent martin

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
I'd ride

Justin Butera

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
Deff not going to happen. They have to raise 400,000 for new chairs next year and sales are lowish this year so the budget is very tight at the moment. And think about it, Kam will have to hire trail builders, purchase machinery to build trails, and if they are going to make trails on the east side(funnest side) they would have to blast rock out, which would interfere with the winter business, thus lowering sales even more. they would need to purchase wood for any north shore and get bulldozers to build and jumps/berms. They would have to purchase rental bikes and gear for people who do not have it...if you put those together it = major budget problems....add budget problems and short runs and you get the shittiest lift accessed bike park in the world. And think....would you want to go out there to sit on the chairlift for 10 minutes for 20 seconds of downhill...me either. That being said i would bet everyone that if it really happened there wouldnt be even be 1/8 as many bikers as there are skiers and snowboarders.... So once again if you add everything i just said together it = bankruptcy...bankruptcy = me not doing anything in the winter thus making Timmins and even shittier place....anyways now that my rant is over, im not going to lie it would be cool if they had a good chance at being successful.

EDIT: Taylor White

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
freeridemassacre19 wrote:
Deff not going to happen. They have to raise 400,000 for new chairs next year and sales are lowish this year so the budget is very tight at the moment. And think about it, Kam will have to hire trail builders, purchase machinery to build trails, and if they are going to make trails on the east side(funnest side) they would have to blast rock out, which would interfere with the winter business, thus lowering sales even more. they would need to purchase wood for any north shore and get bulldozers to build and jumps/berms. They would have to purchase rental bikes and gear for people who do not have it...if you put those together it = major budget problems....add budget problems and short runs and you get the shittiest lift accessed bike park in the world. And think....would you want to go out there to sit on the chairlift for 10 minutes for 20 seconds of downhill...me either. That being said i would bet everyone that if it really happened there wouldnt be even be 1/8 as many bikers as there are skiers and snowboarders.... So once again if you add everything i just said together it = bankruptcy...bankruptcy = me not doing anything in the winter thus making Timmins and even shittier place....anyways now that my rant is over, im not going to lie it would be cool if they had a good chance at being successful.

EDIT: Taylor White

they aent planning trails just a progression park type deal

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
f*ck taylor, its an idea that the hill has had in their mind for a while. All they want is to see how many people are interested. It wouldnt be lift access for a while. It costs them 30000 in insurance to run those babies. So, for the first bit it would be hike a bike, they would put a progression park on the chalet run. I've hiked it, its not that bad. As for wood, they can get donations, sponsors from local business' ie: HOME DEPOT! Also, for rental bikes, they can purchase them or rent them from a local dealer ie: Northern Sports or my store when we open. This is an idea they want to put into play either this summer or for 2010. As we ride the progression park, they will slowly build trails. No they dont need to blast rock, have you built any trails? There are ways to go around it!!! Key word, AROUND. That being said............Thank you for your two cents, I admire the enthusiasm!!! haha

Ride and Be Free

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013385
Mobile Version of Website