Aberdeen people

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Aberdeen people
Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 13:19 Quote
agnik1 wrote:
Thanks Jamie for that.

bigquotesThere's some more fun natural tracks at cambus o may but i would imagine you have been there already?
To be honest, I would have to be ashamed that I haven't. Facepalm

If you go on strava the tracks at cambus o may are called "cnoc dubh descent" and "the roller coaster". You can easily ride the tracks there and the tracks in ballater up craigcoileich in a few hours and cycle along the railway track between the two.

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 4:43 Quote
turtlesauce2000 wrote:
agnik1 wrote:
Thanks Jamie for that.

bigquotesThere's some more fun natural tracks at cambus o may but i would imagine you have been there already?

If you go on strava the tracks at cambus o may are called "cnoc dubh descent" and "the roller coaster". You can easily ride the tracks there and the tracks in ballater up craigcoileich in a few hours and cycle along the railway track between the two.
Correction "Woooooooaaaah-ler coaster"

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 12:15 Quote
christer wrote:
turtlesauce2000 wrote:
agnik1 wrote:
Thanks Jamie for that.

Correction "Woooooooaaaah-ler coaster"
photo

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 0:00 Quote
Morning Gents,

More than a little raging this morning as my shed got broken into last night and my YT Capra got stolen by some scum bag. Would people be able to keep an eye out and let me know if they see or hear anything...

Its the Green 2015 model, in size large, standard out of the box spec;

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/stories/2014/10/10/max_Capra_1_211058.jpg?1412978092
Cheers

ben

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 0:06 Quote
Sorry to hear that Frown it's a horrible feeling getting anything stolen.

Hopefully won't be too hard to spot someone pedaling this around.

I've had two bikes stolen, one the police managed to recover and one I managed to spot the guy pedaling about Kittybrewster on. I've got a mate that's started working at the halfords there so I'll forward this to him.

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 4:48 Quote
That's sh*t mate - will also keep an eye out for it, easy bike to spot at least.

Had my Zesty stolen last year and still not over it.

Posted: Mar 8, 2016 at 14:24 Quote
Hi guys,
I am a student from Czech Republic and I am currently writing my master's thesis about MTB holidays. In my research I am trying to find out what is the most important for bikers when they are choosing where to go on MTB holidays. It would help me a lot if you could give me your opinion by filling in this short questionnaire.

http://goo.gl/forms/Zzdav0l8Yi
Thank you in advance.

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 3:13 Quote
paptuk wrote:
Hi guys,
I am a student from Czech Republic and I am currently writing my master's thesis about MTB holidays. In my research I am trying to find out what is the most important for bikers when they are choosing where to go on MTB holidays. It would help me a lot if you could give me your opinion by filling in this short questionnaire.

http://goo.gl/forms/Zzdav0l8Yi
Thank you in advance.

Done. I've been on loads of biking trips and I spent a week biking in the Czech Republic 2 years ago with RideCzech, based in Jablunkov.

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 17:06 Quote
Don't suppose anyone has been to Pitfichie recently? Saw on the FC site that all trails were closed due to forestry work, can only think of the 2 wooded bits that would really affect (DH course lower sections and the uphill bit to the first hill).

Was wanting to go to the DH trails next week when I get home - just wondered if they were ruined. Website said shut for 2 months from 30th March so might even be officially ok to go by then.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2016 at 2:01 Quote
I rode past the lower section on Tuesday, it's still rideable but the forestry machine has made a mess of some parts of the track so you'd have to scope it out first to be safe!

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 12:15 Quote
blairyboy94 wrote:
I rode past the lower section on Tuesday, it's still rideable but the forestry machine has made a mess of some parts of the track so you'd have to scope it out first to be safe!

Cheers - did it look like they've finished all the forestry work? If they're done I'll take a shovel with me next week and see if I can sort any mooshed bits.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2016 at 16:36 Quote
It looked like it was probably over- just logs stockpiled in the car park

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
The Forestry Commission are having a meeting next Wednesday (20th) about some of the unofficial trails in Moray, Dallas and Pluscarden in particular. The time and location of the meeting are still to be finalized (presumably it will be in the Elgin area). If any of you guys use these trails it would be great if you could email the Forestry Commission letting them know that you are interested in the future of these trails even if you can't make it to the meeting. Hopefully there will be a positive outcome.

Email - morayaberdeenshire@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 5:05 Quote
What's the best places to ride close to Aberdeen.
Going to have a few hours spare tomorrow night and Fri night to ride.

Taking my hardtail up as I don't fancy leaving my dh bike in the van while I'm offshore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.126128
Mobile Version of Website