Do you ride alone ?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Do you ride alone ?
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 21:19 Quote
olibs1990 wrote:
I just think what if I come off big time and I carn't drive home and some crazy greek farmer takes me in and thats it game over.

greek farmer? excuse me? us greeks arent your average crazy ass farmers Razz we chill and watch our sheep Smile

and adding to the thread..... i ride alone alot too, my brother is always too lazy or thinks riding simple fun stuff is stupid..kids these days. and also, helps gather thoughts and such

O+
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 21:21 Quote
depends, if im tryn to make it down a trail as fast as possible, i go alone but if im dirt jumping, i always go with a group or my little bro

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
90% of my riding is by myself. All my friends my age figure they're too old/scared to ride DH. Plus there's not much to shuttle around here so I usually push up and just hang in the forest working on a line. Sucks when you want to try something new or really push speed. I always carry my cell phone in my pocket but there's no trail maps so it'd be a long, long wait for a rescue if I got mangled. It'd make for a real easy bear dinner...

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
i rode some xc alone yesterday. some pretty sketchy parts too. thankfully there were others on the trail if something happened. FR ive only ridden alone twice, too risky

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
always ride trails (up and down hills) alone

never freeride, dirt jump or downhill alone....

Likewise...Well...90% of the time im the same

freeriding, dirtjumping and downhill can be dangerous on your own...One bad off and your pretty f*cked tbh...
I only ever ride with 1 other person...sometimes 2 if the other CBA to come out Rolleyes

Half the time theyre both lazy now though so its just me

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:26 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

freeriding, dirtjumping and downhill can be dangerous on your own...One bad off and your pretty f*cked tbh...
I only ever ride with 1 other person...sometimes 2 if the other CBA to come out Rolleyes

bummer

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

bummer
Is indeed...its so depressing...

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:

bummer
Is indeed...its so depressing...

smeFrown
1's got a broke leg and the others got a broke crankFrown

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
olibs1990 wrote:
Do you ride alone ? If so how do you stop talking to your self Joker
I talk to myself even when i'm riding with people.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
yeah i ride alone all the time,but i think the few times that i rode with a bunch of people my riding was a lot better.speaking of wish anyone in colorado that wants to hit the WP,keystone or Sol Vista?

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
iamanidiot wrote:
olibs1990 wrote:
Do you ride alone ? If so how do you stop talking to your self Joker
I talk to myself even when i'm riding with people.
hEll yA. I'm some of my best company when i'm on the trail.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
alot of people say freeride and dh alone is dumb but i do it all the time, as long as you have a cellphone with you your good.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
norcokid93 wrote:
alot of people say freeride and dh alone is dumb but i do it all the time, as long as you have a cellphone with you your good.
really? what if you crash and break your cell phone?

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
norcokid93 wrote:
thats the reason why you buy a strong phone, its what i did and its surived all the crashes ive had with it. but if that does happen to your phone than your f*cked.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
norcokid93 wrote:

Not just that, but what about if you knock yourself unconscious, your pretty stuffed.
Or if your phone falls out of your pocket and your paralysed...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019628
Mobile Version of Website