Anyone have any original Idea's?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Anyone have any original Idea's?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 18:04 Quote
We'll in the spring I'm filming a movie segemnt, and I need a few ideas. I have a few of my own but not enough to fill a segemnt. I'm lking for stuff to build that would make the viewer go "WOW" or "that was Sick/sweet." So If you guys could post up a few idea, sketchs would be great. And I am taking about stunts on a trail, structures and obsticals.

Thanx

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 18:06 Quote
Unicycle Backflip...That would be amazing.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
siver wrote:
Unicycle Backflip...That would be amazing.

hahaha that would be too bad i cant ride one, I ment like original lines and stunts i can build on a trail.

mustardman525 wrote:
make a bike swing

I have one, buy you can only do maybe 2-3 clips of that.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 19:02 Quote
Maybe a a hamster wheel. It's been done before but still, it's very cool.
photo

photo

This is the same one from NWD2 or possibly 3, i can't remember.

Wall rides are something you can always get creative with

Here's something I think is fairly creative
photo

You could build a satellite-dish like the one in the Bone-Yard this year
This thing if you don't remember
photo

But make sure you give your trail a creative name "Pink or Stink" is always a good one Wink

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 19:30 Quote
photo

hopefully this works

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:26 Quote
freerider27 wrote:
f*ck i odviously cannot post a picture

Im really liking the sectioned wall ride. I ave a roller coster thing planned but i liek the round to sniper tranny, and im not so sure a bout the loop... Heard their easy but....

o ad PS there is an edit button, but don't worry no body is goin to care.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:44 Quote
Here are a few of my ideas:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/341399/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/338922/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/336421/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/338920/

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:48 Quote
mitch1616 wrote:
mustardman525 wrote:
make a bike swing

How about a swing you ride on, not one that involves a harness and impossible tricks? Ride up to it, track-stand while it transports you somewhere, then let off the brakes as it slams to a stop and airs you.

Riding it would be even harder than building it, but that would be a unique stunt.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:51 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
mitch1616 wrote:
mustardman525 wrote:
make a bike swing

How about a swing you ride on, not one that involves a harness and impossible tricks? Ride up to it, track-stand while it transports you somewhere, then let off the brakes as it slams to a stop and airs you.

Riding it would be even harder than building it, but that would be a unique stunt.

that woudl be unquie stunt, it wold be like that cart/platform the had back at the RedBull Ride in Australlia. Were it slid. And you right riding it would be tough.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:55 Quote
mitch1616 wrote:
that woudl be unquie stunt, it wold be like that cart/platform the had back at the RedBull Ride in Australlia. Were it slid. And you right riding it would be tough.

A long track-stand during a compression would be incredibly difficult, but if people can figure out a swivel-totter, then someone, somewhere will figure out a swing. It would have to be on bars, though, not ropes/chains.

A slide, as you mentioned, would be easier to ride and would also be unique.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:59 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
mitch1616 wrote:

A long track-stand during a compression would be incredibly difficult, but if people can figure out a swivel-totter, then someone, somewhere will figure out a swing. It would have to be on bars, though, not ropes/chains.

A slide, as you mentioned, would be easier to ride and would also be unique.

Ya true Im really liking banshee-rippers NS swing of death.

photo

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:59 Quote
If you guys take a look at my ideas you will see that is one of them, and they have been on here for a couple years now!

Sorry, I'm on dial-up and whe I posted this it was loading the whole time while you checked it out and all... Damned dial-up!!!Madder

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 22:01 Quote
banshee-ripper wrote:
If you guys take a look at my ideas you will see that is one of them, and they have been on here for a couple years now!

I'd have looked at them if you'd linked them properly! Razz

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 22:05 Quote
A great one would be if you had a circuler wooden object, or something wide enough to ride on, so it would be sort of like a person walking on a long in water, but you on a bike on land. I personally, can't really attempt it or find anything suitable.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016667
Mobile Version of Website