whats the difference??

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
whats the difference??
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 18:29 Quote
i got a question whats the difference between the intense socom and the intense uzzi vpx

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 18:48 Quote
The Socom is a pure DH race bike. It was designed to be extremely light, some Socoms I've seen have had 8 inch travel DC forks and still weighed about 36-37 Lbs. This is quite amazing considering that it has 8 inches of travel. Plus, the geometry on the '08 Socom is the same as the M6 and the '07s have the same angles as the M3. These things are the racing pure bred of DH bikes.

The Uzzi, on the other hand, is a very freeride oriented bike. The steeper head angle, shorter chainstays and slightly higher BB than the Socom, make it better suited to the freeride side of things. This bike matches up very well with long travel single crowns, like the Totem, the 66, and the Travis 180mm.

Some of the thing these bikes share, are their excellent build qualuity (Hey, would you expect anything lees from Intense?) Also, they both posses the VPP suspension system. Which is one of the few suspension designs that has little to no pedal bob, active braking, and a leverage ratio. The only other suspension design I can think of off the top of my head is Knolly's 4X4 lincage, but I won't get into that now.

Yes, they are both very different bikes.

Hopefully that helped

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008160
Mobile Version of Website