Which is a good camera

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
Which is a good camera
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:13 Quote
Im looking for a new camera and i want a digital slr but dont want to spend to much. Anyone got any ideas

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
that depends on how much too much is, a sony fx1 is 10,000, and a sanyo crap-cam is like 100 bucks.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
how much to spend? i got a canon rebel xsi i really like it for the price.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
aslfgb wrote:
that depends on how much too much is, a sony fx1 is 10,000, and a sanyo crap-cam is like 100 bucks.

i dunno maybe £500 max

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
Hey man,

Was in the same position as you just a week or so ago, your best bet is whats known as an 'advanced point and shoot' it looks like a DSLR but it far cheaper.

Have a look at the fuji film finepix range, many of those will be perfect for out on trails and action shots.
I went for the fujifilm S1000FD as it has 12 optical zoom, 1/2000 to 8 seconds shutter speed, sports mode for getting that awesome mid air shot. They range from £100 upwards.

Have a look, hope it helps you somewhat.

Chris,

Edit:

Heres a shot or 2 from the first few days of playing with it, still getting used to it.

photo

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
cotty42 wrote:
aslfgb wrote:

i dunno maybe £500 max
is that roughly like $1000?

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
butters88 wrote:
cotty42 wrote:
aslfgb wrote:

i dunno maybe £500 max
is that roughly like $1000?

Canadian dollers yeah u.s dollers bout 650 - 700

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
k so its $800.16 cnd. so ya i would definately recommend a canon rebel xsi for that price.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
webber123 wrote:
Hey man,

Was in the same position as you just a week or so ago, your best bet is whats known as an 'advanced point and shoot' it looks like a DSLR but it far cheaper.

Have a look at the fuji film finepix range many of those will be perfect for out on the trails and action shots.
I went for the fujifilm S1000FD as it has 12 optical zoom, 1/2000 to 8 seconds shutter speed, sports mode for getting that awesome mid air shot. They range from £100 upwards.

Chris,

Thanks mate ive used those before and there good but im studying photography at college aswell and i need an slr for that so i thought i would get one i could use for riding aswell

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
butters88 wrote:
k so its $800.16 cnd. so ya i would definately recommend a canon rebel xsi for that price.

thanks ill look into it

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
cotty42 wrote:
webber123 wrote:
Hey man,

Have a look at the fuji film finepix range many of those will be perfect for out on the trails and action shots.

Chris,

Thanks mate ive used those before and there good but im studying photography at college aswell and i need an slr for that so i thought i would get one i could use for riding aswell

Ah right fair dos then, didnt know how advanced you wanted to go, have a look at the nikon D60 or somthing then, i knows there is one of the cannons that is about £500, and with just upgrading the firmware at home you can make it into a one of the ones thats worth over £1000, if your good on the comps, then mabey have a look into that.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
webber123 wrote:
cotty42 wrote:
webber123 wrote:
Hey man,

Chris,

Ah right fair dos then, didnt know how advanced you wanted to go, have a look at the nikon D60 or somthing then, i knows there is one of the cannons that is about £500, and with just upgrading the firmware at home you can make it into a one of the ones thats worth over £1000, if your good on the comps, then mabey have a look into that.

yeah the D60 is one ive been looking at. it looks good i just wanna see if there are some good ones for biking and where better to heck than pink bike

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
cotty42 wrote:
webber123 wrote:
cotty42 wrote:

yeah the D60 is one ive been looking at. it looks good i just wanna see if there are some good ones for biking and where better to heck than pink bike
Aha the picture pros, come to pinkbike where 90% are from mobiles and sony ericson cypershots.
Im pretty sure most dslr cameras will kick ass as most have a pretty dam good quality outcome.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
i was looking at getting a 450d then upgrading the stock lense (18-55mm) to a better one
this would be well inside yourbudget

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
tobias-live2ride wrote:
i was looking at getting a 450d then upgrading the stock lense (18-55mm) to a better one
this would be well inside yourbudget
cheers for that it does look good

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011053
Mobile Version of Website