Looking To Buy Reasonably Priced Freeride Bike Any Suggestions?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Looking To Buy Reasonably Priced Freeride Bike Any Suggestions?
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
Stinky I picked up an 07 primo for 1300USD

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 10:01 Quote
yes i thought about a stinky a 08 deluxe for 2000 but i have heard many differnt things about them, and i looked a t a few decent wilsons i suppose you could just throw a single crown on it any other suggestions or anyone know of any good deals or any good priced frames?

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 14:40 Quote
Hey are kona stinky deluxes any good and are marin quake 7.1's any good any one have any suggestions?

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Stinky Deluxe by a lot just look at the forks and the brakes on the deluxe are so nice

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
biga1r wrote:
Hey are kona stinky deluxes any good and are marin quake 7.1's any good any one have any suggestions?

Stinky's are one of more popular FR bikes. As long as it comes with floating brake you'll be fine.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
ive got a banshee/mythic chapparal and it takes anything i can throw at it. the arnt a great deal of money and take any fork up to 200mm.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
the stinky deluxe is so ugly though, you can get a way better and sexyer bike for your price range. like a nice used santacruz. also the components on the bike are crazy good only because kona can manufacture their frames so cheaply. it makes it so the budget for the parts is greater thus the good parts.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
the stinky is a good bike, get the 05, better than the newer ones.
the 06 and up models feel like pigs in comparison... longer arms and suspension that looks like the stab... they are more of a FR/DH hybrid. where the 05 is just a FR bike.
you don't NEED a floating brake, but it's nice I guess.
put a single crown fork on it.

it handles everything I throw at it and has cost me a total of ~$1500 with all upgrades and maintenance.
photo

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
it does have a floating brake and im not a kona hater i like them but it looks like alot of them brake any one have any input towards thi or know of any braking?

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
biga1r wrote:
it does have a floating brake and im not a kona hater i like them but it looks like alot of them brake any one have any input towards thi or know of any braking?
you see so many broken mainly because of the fact that there are SO many of them out there... lots of mountains use them for rentals, they are relatively cheap, and yea the sheer volume accounts for the amount you see broken.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
What about one of the older V10s, i know they were built with freeride in mind, 10inch of travel and look pretty awsome.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
webber123 wrote:
What about one of the older V10s, i know they were built with freeride in mind, 10inch of travel and look pretty awsome.
10" for FR?
damn... not sure what to say to that.
that would be sexy and scary at the same time...

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
biga1r wrote:
you see so many broken mainly because of the fact that there are SO many of them out there... lots of mountains use them for rentals, they are relatively cheap, and yea the sheer volume accounts for the amount you see broken.
Yea thats true and older v10 what year are you talking about like 03 04 with the retarded looking frame or like the 05 06 model like the ones they produce now

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
i have a 06 stinky. its nice. they dont come the best stock. you get what you pay for i got mine for 1200 with a double crown with alot of stuff on it. i got some more upgrades rims/fork and other stuff half because of the look and half because of performance. i got a totem solo air. its great now in the end ive spent about $2500

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
This is the v10 im talking about, same as my mates not sure what year.
photo

As for freeriding it, heres my mate on a 30foot roadgap on the beast, you can see the mark where he cased, he didn't even feel it aha
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015283
Mobile Version of Website