....a quad

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:10 Quote
...random question again... what do you think about the idea of buying a quad or something liek that and fitting it with a trailer or some sort of bike rack for shuttling and thats its sole purpose

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
i think that would be the ultimate thing to have for shuttling bikes on a hill! but you would probly wanna 4x4 so it would climb better.....and if i had any hills big enough for that i could use my quad too!

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
well i mean i live near vedder so i mean it could be used...also at sunpeaks theres no security and the mountain closes so early in summer so once we hiked up the whole way and did a run down and i mean it took so long but there is a nice road going up the side of hte mountain...but i just wanna be a little more....inconspicuous than driving my truck up

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
finding a suitable trailer woudl be difficult. If your handy with a welder it wouldn't be too difficult to make one. With this trailer you could get the bikes to the top of the hill no problem...but how would the riders get up?

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
Just some questions to think about. How far away are the trails? Can you ride the quad to get to those trails? How many people do you plan on riding with? What's the condition of the routes that you shuttle?

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
well first of all when we have riding sess' we usually do 4 ppl maybe 5 ppl and i just saw a trailer selling in the buy and sell that was specially made for like 4 bikes.....second im like 10 minutes away from sumas....driving.....with a bit of speed but still....and about 20 minutes -30 minutes from vedder but quading i dont know...the quality of the roads are...well i mean its like logging roads pretty much....same with the sunpeaks side road...and i hope no one who works at sun peaks reads this board..lol

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
nothingbetter wrote:
finding a suitable trailer woudl be difficult. If your handy with a welder it wouldn't be too difficult to make one. With this trailer you could get the bikes to the top of the hill no problem...but how would the riders get up?

that does pose a problem i suppose if im by my self or with one other person it would work....even then ui'd need like a dedicated person riding the quad...cause other wise u might as well go back to the truck

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
Your going to need a pretty powerful quad to pull 5 riders+5 bikes+gear+trailer up a mountain road. Never mind find room for the riders on the trailer.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
just make sure the quad is a standard with a semi auto clutch or ull constantly be bogging it down

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
what abotu a dune buggie....

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
they're typically designed like a sport quad. more for top speed and acceleration then towing power. Of course there are exception to the rule.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
ya i doubt the dune buggie most dont have enough power and there on a cintrificul clutch and they will bog down alot and have no hitch and are to low and only have room 4 1

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
well there are some two person dunes...u could push for like 3

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
ya but that is way worse than the quad idea lol

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 19:31 Quote
get a side x side i think thats what there called like a kawasaki (spelling i think) mule holds 4 people

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009750
Mobile Version of Website