Steps to making a career out of DH racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
Steps to making a career out of DH racing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
Hey guys I am interested if anyone who has reached the semi profession or profession level has any tips to help those who want it to get there.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
you gotta go fast.... real fast

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
zhayne wrote:
you gotta go fast.... real fast
That is true, but i am interested in more of the finding sponsers getting on teams, some of the business parts.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
I am pretty sure if you are good enough to go pro then your sponsors will find you.

Just make yourself well known at all the races you can and do a lot to support downhill riding in your community like trail build days.

Winning big events will probably help.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 18:08 Quote
cool man those are good tips. I started ride DH about three months ago, and i believe i have a team for my first season of racing. Just another kid hoping i can take it somewhere.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
If you have the skill and you want it bad enough then go for it Smile

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
Ya i hope i'll make it. You race at all?

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
lookin to race this summer as well but I found out u gotta find the races because the races are ulikely to find u but good luck and maybe ill meet u in a race one day.Beer

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 22:58 Quote
Hit the Gym. work on those legs and arms.
your lungs are never as strong as they can be. go for runs and if you can get a road bike and hit the streets 3-4 days a week.
Eat healthy and stay away from fast food and to much liquor.
Ride your downhill bike as much as your training in any other field.
If you JUST started a few months ago, the last thing that should be on your mind right now is getting sponsors, or trying to get a team to support you.
I have never seen you ride but I would have to say that most sponsors are looking for someone with not only bike stills but racing skills.
Racing is a mental game. It takes a lot of experience and a few years of solid racing to really get a grip of what you need to do to become the best.
Just go out there with a positive attitude, and do your best. be the first one on the hill on friday and saturday for training and be the last one to leave. even if you are not riding the entire time.
see how other top riders are setting up there bikes and what they are doing to prep themselves for the big run.
get the sponsors and what not out of your head for the first season! just have fun and pin it.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
Like said below dont go for sponsors right away cuz its not gunna happen.

Train alot and when it is time for a sponsor start small like a bike shop or something along those lines dont go for a factory sponsor right away unless you have a very impressive racing background.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033209
Mobile Version of Website