50/50x pins

PB Forum :: Downhill
50/50x pins
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 4:27 Quote
after my feet sliping off the pedals when doing dh i have decided to invest in some new pins for my crank brothrs 50/50x pedals, however i dont no wich work best and wich i should go for i want the most grip possible so the long pins seem the best option but what are the screw set i have heard people taking about?
any help?

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 4:57 Quote
I run a 5mm pin in every hole and I have been good so far.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 5:18 Quote
hey bud i had similar probs with my 50/50`s i would recomend getting the long threaded bar type pins as the cone shaped ones (long or short) are to be honest crap.... also id recomend replacing the bearings asap as the factory ones are also pretty much dire!!

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:04 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
cheers for the reply!
how many is that on each side of the pedal?

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:05 Quote
surfersam333 wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
cheers for the reply!
how many is that on each side of the pedal?

I think theres 18 per pedal but I wouldnt quote me on that right now I havnt slept in 30 hours bleh.

Ryan

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
yes for sure get the screw ones, they help a LOT . i had the stock short ones and they just sucked. Blank Stare

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
fluffles wrote:
yes for sure get the screw ones, they help a LOT . i had the stock short ones and they just sucked. Blank Stare

There are 2 sizes of the sock ones 3mm and 5mm the 5mm work much beter.

Ryan

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
fluffles wrote:

Ryan

i am thinking the 5mm pins? how are the screw ones better are they longer or just more grippy?

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
surfersam333 wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
fluffles wrote:

Ryan

i am thinking the 5mm pins? how are the screw ones better are they longer or just more grippy?

I have never tried the set screws but im contemplating trying a set out on my next set of 5050

Ryan

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 5:35 Quote
When I had 5050 pedals, I changed to the screw set, they work like a dream.

They are more grippy on your shoes, its the difference trying to grab hold of something ribbed or somthing smooth, the ribbed thing is gonna be easier every time.
The screws act just little ribs.

its the same reason they don't use smooth steel in concrete reinforcement, they use bars with screw ridges all the way along.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 7:05 Quote
amiright wrote:
When I had 5050 pedals, I changed to the screw set, they work like a dream.

They are more grippy on your shoes, its the difference trying to grab hold of something ribbed or somthing smooth, the ribbed thing is gonna be easier every time.
The screws act just little ribs.

its the same reason they don't use smooth steel in concrete reinforcement, they use bars with screw ridges all the way along.

cheers for the advice!!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 7:28 Quote
while i'm on an advice role:

don't let them gouge into your shins. It happened with my V12s and how I have 3 phatty scars on my shin.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 7:42 Quote
Sorry if this is off topic,but do DMR v12 pins fit 50 50s ?

cheers

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 7:59 Quote
dixn wrote:
Sorry if this is off topic,but do DMR v12 pins fit 50 50s ?

cheers
yes they do iv got some in my 5050s and they work great and they are cheap

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
amiright wrote:
while i'm on an advice role:

don't let them gouge into your shins. It happened with my V12s and how I have 3 phatty scars on my shin.

i got my leg armour so its all good!!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013036
Mobile Version of Website