Solid Roseanne Bar Review

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Solid Roseanne Bar Review
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
kink badgers are really good

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:24 Quote
...What if you want to put brakes back on?

lettusdude wrote:
Why not just ride the bike the way it is now and put the money towards a new bike? If you ride the bike like is now(heavy) once you get a new bike, it will be much easier because you'll have built up the muscle from riding the old bike.
most diamondback bars are very short, so new bars would be a GREAT idea. i run lumberjacks and absolutely love them. not too big imo, perfect height and im about 5'11. anything 8x28 should feel great, the sunday forumphs are great too. 4 degree upsweep is a nice addition

i have subrosa pandora's in 8" rise 28" length they are good and are a comfortable length. i cant do hop barspins with them though they just hit my knee every time.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
b-bikes101 wrote:
kink badgers are really good
agree'd

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:27 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
I dont though Razz I realized the beuty of brakeless and Im not turning back to brakes for bmx. Im not to serious abou bmxing though, DH all the way!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:27 Quote
derekt wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
I dont though Razz

But what if one day you do? Or the next person who gets that frame wants to?

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
derekt wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
I dont though Razz

But what if one day you do? Or the next person who gets that frame wants to?
I dont think anyone will want this bike haha, its pretty bad:P

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
You'd be surprised what people will ride when they have little/no money.Pimp

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
Yea, look at me! Im the one getting it Razz But yea im pretty stoked on it anyway, I can do 3s on it so im not gunna complain about it, it probably looks pretty funny when I show up at the skatepark with this dead weight of a bmx with a guant chainring......

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
derekt wrote:
Tribikefarce wrote:
what diamondback is it?
im not sure, its some red one, ive wanted to get into bmx for a while but i never have enough moeny for a good one, so im just gunna get this one and lighten it up a bit and learn to ride on this and once i get a job this summer ill probably get a better one. Im not to bad on this one either, its my friends and I use it whenever i go to his house, last weekend we took the breaks off and I reaized how much fun breakless was.
I ride a diamondback viper, and if you build it up right, its a freaking TANK. they really aren't that bad if you replace the weak things like the cranks and rims.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
Tribikefarce wrote:
derekt wrote:
Tribikefarce wrote:
what diamondback is it?
im not sure, its some red one, ive wanted to get into bmx for a while but i never have enough moeny for a good one, so im just gunna get this one and lighten it up a bit and learn to ride on this and once i get a job this summer ill probably get a better one. Im not to bad on this one either, its my friends and I use it whenever i go to his house, last weekend we took the breaks off and I reaized how much fun breakless was.
I ride a diamondback viper, and if you build it up right, its a freaking TANK. they really aren't that bad if you replace the weak things like the cranks and rims.
Yea i think its a viper, how much is a micro drive drivetrain with cranks to?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
Do not buy micro drive and new cranks for a bike like this. It's not worth it. Instead use the money to save up for a new complete.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Do not buy micro drive and new cranks for a bike like this. It's not worth it. Instead use the money to save up for a new complete.
I probably wasnt gunna get one.... I was just wondering in case theres a reallly cheap one cus it would be nice not to have a huge chainring...

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
derekt wrote:
Tribikefarce wrote:
derekt wrote:

Yea i think its a viper, how much is a micro drive drivetrain with cranks to?
Mine came with both, so I have no idea. my bike only cost me $40 and i have about $120 in it all together and its pretty good. as for the parts, if you buy them new maybe $30-40 for the sprocket, and $100 for very good cranks? you could get them for much less if you look around craigslist.com or ebay for good used ones.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019513
Mobile Version of Website