there should be a 4 cross track too!!!

there is.....

FL
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
taylorironhorse wrote:

there is.....
o lol i have never been there. my bad. i am going this year but i dont know if i can race dh or not

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
taylorironhorse wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:
taylorironhorse wrote:

there is.....
o lol i have never been there. my bad. i am going this year but i dont know if i can race dh or not

theres a 4x track, but its bmx only, the past years it was all bikes allowed..

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 22:45 Quote
do u need special dh tires like minions and high rollers, or are holy rollers good enough?

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
ns-bitch wrote:
do u need special dh tires like minions and high rollers, or are holy rollers good enough?
ur probably going to want some better grip...especialy if it rains...

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
The best set up to run a great time in DH at Sea Otter is runn two rings up front to haul through the 100ft up hill section, anything more that 7 inch travel is over kill and you will die in the up hill, run a strong single crown with a quick lock out for the up hill and switch for the rough and log drop. and just remember...as soon as you feel it flatten out ride hard and prepare for a quick stop! make sure you have good vents on your brakes and please god put a brake on the front of your bike!!!

Good luck to all that are racing this year and I look forward to seeing everyone out there!!

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
personally you dont need dual rings for sea otter. u just muscle it out and pedal if you already have dual rings you most likley have a 36 im guessing which means ull have a lower one below that and youll just be reving out on the climb and going like 3 mph. im running a 44 but i got some xc legs sorta, but really u dont need 2 rings for a 100ft climb....

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
demo9er wrote:
The best set up to run a great time in DH at Sea Otter is runn two rings up front to haul through the 100ft up hill section, anything more that 7 inch travel is over kill and you will die in the up hill, run a strong single crown with a quick lock out for the up hill and switch for the rough and log drop. and just remember...as soon as you feel it flatten out ride hard and prepare for a quick stop! make sure you have good vents on your brakes and please god put a brake on the front of your bike!!!

Good luck to all that are racing this year and I look forward to seeing everyone out there!!
sounds like a perfect setup to me. thats what i ran last year, my light 04 norco six with a 66vf,duel front rings. it worked great up the hill, this year i have a chain guide and a single ring, but its a 36, so it should handle the hill good. ya, the huge long travel dh rigs are over kill for sea otter. i do recomend having some grippy pedals, you wil need them badly. the section after the log step down is wwwaaayyyy bumpy and my feet came off and nutted it.

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
what do you guys mean when you are talking about dual or single rings?

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
the front chain ring duh

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
taylorironhorse wrote:
what do you guys mean when you are talking about dual or single rings?

front deraluerr

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
[ anything more that 7 inch travel is over kill and you will die in the up hill,

Last year winner was on a bike with 10 inches of travel

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
hcg1 wrote:
[ anything more that 7 inch travel is over kill and you will die in the up hill,

he must of never used brakes

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
hcg1 wrote:

haha..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025057
Mobile Version of Website