Completly lost my drive to ride

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Completly lost my drive to ride
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
what do you guys do when you have just lost the motivation to keep riding? I didn't have my STP for 2 weeks because of some problems getting my rear wheel built. I finally got it back today, and I bunny hopped it maybe three times and the wheel is creaking already. He said it would need to be adjusted after a ride but if he would have said bunny hop it once then bring it back it would have saved me a 45 minute drive. This whole thing has got me not wanting to ride anymore this bike spends more time waiting on parts than being ridden.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
when bikes give more problmes than they solve, its time for reconsidering if its worth it

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
welcome to mountain biking my friend.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
ride new places
always amps me up to ride
go find a new park or something
watching videos also helps aye !!

and while still riding what you have got work towards a new bike which isnt going to give you hassles

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:18 Quote
Change your orientation, go ride a BMX, or a freeride rig, you could even move to road biking. Pedalling is pedalling and it's damn fun.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
Ah, I had the same problem. I was a technocondriac for say. But then I bought a beater bike and now I don't care about the sqeals and creaks because the whole bike is only $200. The thing is a blast to just rip on! But if you can't do that, force yourself outside on a bike and say "I will not go home for at least an hour".

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
If your having second thoughts about riding because of something that little, your in the wrong sport.

Besides, the spokes stretch and the wheel needs to be trued after they have just been rebuilt anyway. So don't let it make you feel like shit. Ride it around without beating the hell out of it, get it trued and get on with your life.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
i've definitely been there. right in the middle of the season too. if you try to force yourself into it when your not feeling it you'll probably just get hurt. watch some of your favorite vids. look at some mags, read some articles. just chill and try not to dwell too much. if your meant to throw a leg over your bike again, then the urge to ride will come back with a vengeance eventually. and once you do get back on and get one good fun ride you'll be hooked again.

as for your wheel issue. new wheels do creak, it takes more than a few bunny hops to get a new wheel or spokes to set and stretch out. get some good hard pedal strokes and some hard braking done on it first then take it back in. also a good time to go for a simple cruise on your bike to get back into it.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
maybe I should have mentioned it is a 2009 STP 1 it cost me $1000. I look back now and I think wow I could have had a really sweet bmx bike for that much money. I plan on saving for a Mirraco Blend Park or a Fit Prk 2 or 3. I am within driving distance of Albe's so that is what they had out to look at when I stopped by there. Guy told me I could get away with spending less than $500 on a bmx bike with my skill level.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
forci ng yourself to something will lead to something worse, f.e. hating riding.
i'd suggest taking a rest, focus on something different and question yourselft if youre really into biking, if so you'll eventually start missing the rides and will want to go for a ride. like said above try something different (different riding styles)

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 16:36 Quote
on the topic of bmx does anyone know where to get the pricing for the mirraco bikes?

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
You learn to fix things your self, that way it will not need to go to the shop.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 18:13 Quote
kd12 wrote:
You learn to fix things your self, that way it will not need to go to the shop.

the only thing that still gives me problems is wheels, most of the time is wasted ordering and waiting on the parts to fix the problems.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
Well then welcome to the world of wheel building. The spokes need to seat and the wheel will creak like crazy and probably become untrue. But if a creaky wheel makes you want to stop riding, quit before something really bad happens.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
it isn't the creaky wheel that makes me want to quit riding it is the fact that this bike has spent more time broken than ridden since I bought it. The cranks are the next to go the splines are starting to round out because the bolt holding the crank on won't stay tight.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013738
Mobile Version of Website