Completly lost my drive to ride

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Completly lost my drive to ride
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
You can put a product called sleve retainer on the splines. It's made by lock tite. You need to clean the threads in the spindle and the threads on the bolt, CLEAN. Put some anti seize on the threads and put it together.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
I find a huge thing to ddo when you are not motavated is do something like watch seasons and that always gets me pumped and ready to ride because i find it inspiring

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
if you don't want to ride then don't their are plenty of sports to pick from

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 19:26 Quote
MountainFreedom wrote:
I find a huge thing to ddo when you are not motavated is do something like watch seasons and that always gets me pumped and ready to ride because i find it inspiring

x2 on watching seasons

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
quiting riding is not an option, I just need to get out of this slump I am in. Snow on the ground sucks. Watching the videos is a good idea I have been watching my nitro circus Dvd's it may not be full of mtb's but it does the trick.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 21:15 Quote
qwiksand99 wrote:
MountainFreedom wrote:

x2 on watching seasons

X3 that movie has inspired me so much it doesn't matter if you watch it once or a billion times, it just never gets old, good job " the collective" on the film,
and for youuu!! don't stop ridin come on, one day you will understand why we all still ride, go do some urban, try somthing new, set new goals, instead of being on the computer, or playing x-box playstation what ever you have, grow some balls, and do somthing!!!!

~Elio!

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
You know what you need to do, you need to take your entire bike apart, clean it, degrease it, re-grease it, put it all back together, shine it up. One of the best parts about mountain biking is learning to do things yourself. Instead of bringing it to the shop every time you hear something creek, take it apart, look at it and try to figure out how it works and what a good solution would be. It's really not that hard to fix a bicycle, and if you truly love mountain biking than it should get you pretty stoked to ride.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
dude my bikes been in the shop for two weeks
i cant wait for it to come out
i've been stressed out, not been able to sleep, ahh i need my bike...
do you guys have any advice for me?

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
two weeks that is the story of my life, I get my bike out go drive to a place to ride and 5 minutes later I break another part and it goes back to the shop so I can order the part or have them work on it. The stuff that needs special tools to fix is what kills me.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
I bet if you just find a way to go out biking with friends and have an awesome epic time... you will miss biking forever when you stop. I am 100% sure that you will then want to cry yourself to sleep each night when winter hits...

I speak from experience... except I miss quads/dirtbikes more than ANYTHING. No offense to bikers, I love biking- but it seems a lot more casual than mx or hardcore trailriding on a dirtbike or sport quad. Biking is great for hanging out with friends, just chillen, and having a good time though.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
I really miss my dirtbike but I lost all my friends that ride, and one of those friends had the track we rode on at his house. I can't bring myself to sell the dirtbike but I probably should it is just collecting dust in the garage.

I know if I had an epic time riding my bike I would want to go out and do it more but I am the last of my friends that even knows how to ride a bike anymore. Everyone turned 16 and quit riding bikes around. I am 22 now so I have been riding by myself for a long time. Makes all the cool things I do feel kinda lame cuz their is no one around to say dude that was cool.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 0:14 Quote
i quit biking when i was still in high school because theres something broken on my bike every month and i couldnt afford to fix it even by skipping lunches and so on

i came back 5 years afterwards cause there isnt really anything to do if i dont ride...
sure i can go out with my friends or video game arcades and stuff but still...nothing beats the joys of biking

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 2:09 Quote
Im losing the drive to ride aswell, Exept Its not my bike thats breaking, it meFrown I keep injuring myself, ankles, cracked bone in footect., wrists and none of them are getting better. I went to the skatepark this morning and was just sitting there not reallly wanting to rideFrown

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
I am a complete idiot when it comes to injuring myself, I just ride through the pain no big deal. Never broken a bone or anything riding my bicycle, but when I rode dirtbikes I broke my finger couldn't bend it but it didn't keep me off the bike.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
Darkdanner wrote:
what do you guys do when you have just lost the motivation to keep riding? I didn't have my STP for 2 weeks because of some problems getting my rear wheel built. I finally got it back today, and I bunny hopped it maybe three times and the wheel is creaking already. He said it would need to be adjusted after a ride but if he would have said bunny hop it once then bring it back it would have saved me a 45 minute drive. This whole thing has got me not wanting to ride anymore this bike spends more time waiting on parts than being ridden.

I know how you feel...

Got my bike back last week after waiting 3 months for a new frame after I cracked the old one, first 20 mins of riding today, I shear my cranks. YAY!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018048
Mobile Version of Website