What Should I Do????!!!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What Should I Do????!!!
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 8:08 Quote
alrighty. thank you all I'm gonna go with what RaceFace said.

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 9:49 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
ok so what u need to do is get urself a new frame for sure. the hardrock is really not that great for anything but entry lvl. idsuggest something that is around 200 dollars for a frame like an ns suburban or a blk market. then u need to think about something other than astinky or a bighit look into the future those bikes dont hold up

Please show us where you can get a NS Suburban or BlkMrkt frame for $200. I will buy 10 of each. No such entity.

Hardrocks are not ideal for DJ. Sure you can ride it and have fun, but you will not be able to progress and ride at a higher level with it compared to a true DJ frame. In addition the components that are on that bike are not DJ specific and will eventually fail.

FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
my budget would be $1000 max., but my dilemma is I have no money. I'll save up this summer for the new bike, but I'm 13 and need to star looking for a car. I also need money for new snowboard gear. I'll sell my old gear and make $300-$450 off that, that'll pay for the boots and half of the board. So here is my problem list:
Car-$8000 max.
Snowboard gear(board,boots,bindings)-$900 approx.
Bike(full sus)-$1000 max.
Frame, fork upgrade(ns suburban+RS Argyle)-$600
Whistler trip(not a camp)-$1500
New Bass Guitar-$400
Here are my top priorities in order:
1.Car
2.Full Suspension bike
3.Snowboard gear
4.New Bass Guitar
5.New frame+fork
6.Whistler trip

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
my budget would be $1000 max., but my dilemma is I have no money. I'll save up this summer for the new bike, but I'm 13 and need to star looking for a car. I also need money for new snowboard gear. I'll sell my old gear and make $300-$450 off that, that'll pay for the boots and half of the board. So here is my problem list:
Car-$8000 max.
New Bass Guitar-$400
1.Car
2.Full Suspension bike
3.Snowboard gear
4.New Bass Guitar
5.New frame+fork
6.Whistler trip

alright. i know im 13, almost 14, so i shouldnt be talking. but youre 13 also. you don't need to be looking for cars yet. i would say, enjoy the hardrock you have, then when you can get a job, start earning money and looking at more expensive things like full suspensions and cars. a bass guitar and things like that you can do now.. just not a car or fully IMHO

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 21:32 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
Car-$8000 max.
New Bass Guitar-$400
1.Car
2.Full Suspension bike
3.Snowboard gear
4.New Bass Guitar
5.New frame+fork
6.Whistler trip

alright. i know im 13, almost 14, so i shouldnt be talking. but youre 13 also. you don't need to be looking for cars yet. i would say, enjoy the hardrock you have, then when you can get a job, start earning money and looking at more expensive things like full suspensions and cars. a bass guitar and things like that you can do now.. just not a car or fully IMHO
why spend more than like 1K on a car... you're probably going to beat the living hell out of it... i would love to make my own shuttle rig. like tube frame chassis all around. gobs of travel, and small block. preferably blown. and no muffler. ultimate shuttle rig tup

FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
Ok I have decided not to save for a car this summer. I have also decided not to get rid of my Hardrock but upgrade its components.(Fork,brakes,etc.)So my prioritize list now goes:
1.2007-2009 Kona Stinky
2.New Snowboard/Boots
3.Slowly upgrade the Hardrock
4.Truck
And in the years to come, my buddies and I a putting money aside for a Whistler trip.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
u should just save money for a car. i regret upgrading my bike. if i havent i would have bought my M3 by now instead of waiting for it to sell and lost way too much money. i dont know about you guys but right after im legal to drive i didnt even touch my bike or feel like ride it anymore.

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 0:32 Quote
Thisishowiroll wrote:
u should just save money for a car. i regret upgrading my bike. if i havent i would have bought my M3 by now instead of waiting for it to sell and lost way too much money. i dont know about you guys but right after im legal to drive i didnt even touch my bike or feel like ride it anymore.

wow thats the complete oposite to me.
I managed to pick up a car through family and since getting it my riding has increased 10 fold.
I can now drive to numerous spots and get the most riding time in that i can.

and to the OP id spend money on your bike, cars arent the be all and end all and besides id rather have a beater car that i can chuck my bikes in the back without having to worry about damaging the car anyway.

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 2:17 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
Ok so I bought A Spesh Hardrock Comp in June '08 and I love to death. I use it for DJ mainly and want to buy a new DJ fork but now I hear that Hardrocks suck for it? I've never had any probs with mine except the stock brake cables is unwinding but that's not major. I had plans to save up for a Stinky or a Used Big Hit but now do I need a new DJ bike? GGGRRRRR! I'm pulling out my hair over what to do. Please help.
ok so what u need to do is get urself a new frame for sure. the hardrock is really not that great for anything but entry lvl. idsuggest something that is around 200 dollars for a frame like an ns suburban or a blk market. then u need to think about something other than astinky or a bighit look into the future those bikes dont hold up
who said stinkys or bighits dont hold up

FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 8:57 Quote
whatwillhedonext wrote:
Thisishowiroll wrote:

wow thats the complete oposite to me.
I managed to pick up a car through family and since getting it my riding has increased 10 fold.
I can now drive to numerous spots and get the most riding time in that i can.

and to the OP id spend money on your bike, cars arent the be all and end all and besides id rather have a beater car that i can chuck my bikes in the back without having to worry about damaging the car anyway.
that's what I'm thinking would happen for me. All of the DH trails are just west outside of town. They're like 20 miles away for me.

FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
Saving up until I have enough for a used Demo 7. Then, I'll slowly upgrade the Hardrock, buy a truck, and continue to shred.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
Saving up until I have enough for a used Demo 7. Then, I'll slowly upgrade the Hardrock, buy a truck, and continue to shred.
oko we know it wont happen for a while, stop posting this no one really cares

FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
Wow. My thread. Therefore I will post in it if I wish. If it bothers you, too bad. Go do something productive.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
Wow. My thread. Therefore I will post in it if I wish. If it bothers you, too bad. Go do something productive.
sorry i totally thought i was in anohter thread u post in haha, yeah for sure that sounds like a good idea sorry man. i do care about it i just thought we were in a differnt thread haha

FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:

sorry i totally thought i was in anohter thread u post in haha, yeah for sure that sounds like a good idea sorry man. i do care about it i just thought we were in a differnt thread haha
Oh. Well then, itz all good.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015098
Mobile Version of Website