Who is better, Yankees, Canadaians, Ausies or Euro's

PB Forum :: USA - West
Who is better, Yankees, Canadaians, Ausies or Euro's
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 22:20 Quote
who is better 4x, dh, dirt jumping and street/park? and who has better riding spots?

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 22:35 Quote
Canada has bestr riding spots, to be more specific pretty much anywere in B.C.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 22:36 Quote
Im going to have to say that Canadians are the best beacuse here in SoCal we dont have a lot of good riding and the sport is not nearly as big as it is in Canada.

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 22:39 Quote
euros tend to be very good at DH like peaty and Villous (if thats how u spell) but then there is hill, and reenie. m givin the FR to canadians and the street/park to USA. i dunno, so many ppl, so many styles, this is a very hard thread. but BC has best ridng hands down shut up you cant argue with that Big Grin

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 22:58 Quote
Canadians R defnly the best for Free Riding and big stuffs... specially cause all good vids has always 5 or 6 canadians and 4 or 5 from all other places together..

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 23:14 Quote
aussies for dh and 4x eg sam and nathan and jared and byrn freeriding to cads and riding either aus or canada

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 23:58 Quote
Asia has the best riding spots, but nobody to ride them.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 0:24 Quote
BC has like every terrian you every wanted in one little province. It's like a whole mini world up here. Deffs the best riding places.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 0:42 Quote
what about new zealand?
cameron cole 06? DH junior world champ

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 0:47 Quote
pro rider wise, pretty equal.. great riders from everywhere.. terrain wise.. lets see .. canada has good stuff like whistler and the shore.. the states has a lot of variety, goodies in the Pac. Nw - Moab maybe something on the east coast .. Ausies have good stuff i bet.. just don't know about it.. euros are pretty fast.. - i'm assuming this means their terrain is fast. in the alps and stuff.

if i was going to ride anywhere I'd go w/ the states.. it'd be the pac NW for FR, Northern Utah for DH, Southern Utah for Epic AM rides.. etc etc etc etc We've got lot of goods down here.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 1:06 Quote
i hate to be the patriotic lil sh1t but every thread has to have at least one.
For sa to have two riders REGULARLY on the world cup dh scene is impressive.
the downhill scene in SA is dismal, with there never being over like 120 riders at any national race i've ever been to.
and that is a National race!!!
so i think that it's very impressive that we have two riders regularly on the world cup circuit, even more so that they are doing so well!
btw the two riders are Greg Minaar(duh) and Andrew "needles" Neethling

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 1:41 Quote
Well, my vote is for Europe:

Peat
Fairclough
Athertons
Nico Vouliouz (no idea how to spell!)
Beaumont
Bryceland (jnr world cup champ 2007)
Cunningham (jnr world champ 2007)
Mosley
Barel
Gracia
Leikohienen
The lacondeguy brothers
Prokop

and probably many more!

Theres also some kick ass riding in europe such as the alps, fort william, spanish mountains etc.. you cant really beat it

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 9:07 Quote
reebs wrote:
Well, my vote is for Europe:

Peat
Fairclough
Athertons
Nico Vouliouz (no idea how to spell!)
Beaumont
Bryceland (jnr world cup champ 2007)
Cunningham (jnr world champ 2007)
Mosley
Barel
Gracia
Leikohienen
The lacondeguy brothers
Prokop

and probably many more!

Theres also some kick ass riding in europe such as the alps, fort william, spanish mountains etc.. you cant really beat it

sure the Euro's are FAST on races...
but i'm sure the Canadians are the craziest...

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 9:10 Quote
Australia seems pretty strong, with Rennie, Hannah, Hill, Allen...(many more)

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 9:22 Quote
for the variety of riding... BC hands down
for racing DH either europe or aussies
for freeride/slopestyle yanks and canuks.

good point about the south africans but the biggest mountain in Ireland is only 3600foot, NO official DH tracks, first official XC opened this year yet Ben reid in 17th in the world and 10th at Shladaming as a privateer!,Glyn O'Brien 3rd at the rampage, not bad. and there is a few kids coming through to beat him as well.

we had the biggest race ever in Ireland in Feb and there was 210 riders at it! average was 140ish

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015397
Mobile Version of Website