post your brodie

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
post your brodie
O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
My 07 zealot:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs117.snc1/4858_99882670683_612155683_2521763_4106816_n.jpg
Specs:
07 zealot frame
08 55TST2
gravity bars and stem
rockshox pearl 3.3 shock
x9 shifter
x7 derailer
hayes HFX9
cane creek S1 headset
Azonic Outlaw wheels

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 22:39 Quote
09 Hellion, lovin' this thing

photo

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
photo

Impluse bought a gigolo frame for only 350$ but then I had to build the damn thing.

photo

Larrys Enduro, Marcs Bigshot and Gigolo

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 at 8:13 Quote
'09 Brodie Zealot w\ 66RCV, Chris King headset, UST rims, Thomson stem and more..

photo

For Sale!

A great ride w\ 7" up front and 6" in the back, a great all-mountain bike. She pops great on A-Line, climbs Fromme easy peasy, and hits all the gaps on Sex Girl (Cypress) with ease.

A great XT equipped bike w\ 7" up front and 6" in the back. A true all-mountain bike, at home on the Shore, Whistler and in-between.

Spec highlights:
Marzocchi 66 RCV 180mm fork
Marzocchi Roco Air TST-R shock
Chris King, red ano headset
Chromag Fubar OSX, chrome bar
Thomson Elite stem
Mavic EX832 UST rims w\ red ano nipples
Michelin Comp 24 front & Maxxis Minion rear 2.5" tires
XT brakes
XT shifters
XT rear mech
SLX cranks and front mech
e*13 DRS chainguide
ODI Ruffian lock-on grips w\ red rings

A must see, and ride, to get full understanding of how kick-ass this bike is! Give me a call, or email me.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
photo

YAY It's My Brodie Heathen!!!oxoxoxox

I guess I looked it up to remind me, it's a '05?
Does any one know much about the rear quick release? I
find this peice complicated...

photo

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
CycleChick wrote:
snip

snip

what do you want to know? i could be wrong but it looks like a standard qr with chain tugs to me

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
dmanj wrote:
CycleChick wrote:
snip

snip

what do you want to know? i could be wrong but it looks like a standard qr with chain tugs to me

qr? What does that stand for? And what is a chain tug?
I don't know the name for it, but its that 3 1/4" long black thing that bolts on and off.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
CycleChick wrote:
dmanj wrote:
CycleChick wrote:
snip

snip

I don't know the name for it, but its that 3 1/4" long black thing that bolts on and off.

qr stands for quick release. its just a lever that when you pull loosens the axle. and a chain tug is a device that attaches to the axle and after you lock down the qr you tighten the chaintug which pulls the axle back abit to make the chain tight

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
dmanj wrote:
CycleChick wrote:
dmanj wrote:

qr stands for quick release. its just a lever that when you pull loosens the axle. and a chain tug is a device that attaches to the axle and after you lock down the qr you tighten the chaintug which pulls the axle back abit to make the chain tight

Ok. So is the chain tug that 3 1/4" black peice on the rear of my bike by the qr? You know what I am so freaked out by it? It makes me feel less safe to ride it on the mountain, like it might just bust or something. I want to sell this bike and get a new frame so bad its not even funny because as long as I have owned this bike I have never understood this "chain tug" peice. It does tighten with a bolt but the dynamics of it I never understood. Thanks for your answere tho.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
CycleChick wrote:
dmanj wrote:
CycleChick wrote:

Ok. So is the chain tug that 3 1/4" black peice on the rear of my bike by the qr? You know what I am so freaked out by it? It makes me feel less safe to ride it on the mountain, like it might just bust or something. I want to sell this bike and get a new frame so bad its not even funny because as long as I have owned this bike I have never understood this "chain tug" peice. It does tighten with a bolt but the dynamics of it I never understood. Thanks for your answere tho.

from what i can see thats what it looks like. really you should feel safer with it on. i thought of getting some for my BMX because i've had the axle come loose on it and then the rear end slides back and forth. so atleast with the chain tugs you dont get that

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
[P=4420348 size=m align=c][/P]
i got a heathen

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 22:10 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4441154/

that is my heathen been upgraded loads rides real nice and looks goodSmile

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 14:10 Quote
photo
photo

my 06 hellion...

still going to be painting a few things probably soon like the bars, pedals and stem... not sure why i bought the orange pedals when they had white ones LOL. its like toyota orange too, gross.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020270
Mobile Version of Website