New, Chris King Inset

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
New, Chris King Inset
  • Previous Page
Mod
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
Chris King's latest addition to its headset lineup will be available in June! Meet the Inset. It can be used as a 1-1/8 integrated headset but more importantly, it is compatible with tapered headtubes that seem to be gaining popularity. That's right; you can go from 1-1/8 to 1.5.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://chrisking.com/files/images/inset/picture.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://chrisking.com/files/images/inset/inset.jpg

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
Eh, I wouldn't buy one. No real point in having a blingin' internal headset, IMO.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Eh, I wouldn't buy one. No real point in having a blingin' internal headset, IMO.
You just said the point, it's bling.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
Very nice. Anybody know the price?

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

yeah, but you would barely notice it in a picture. not trendy enough. unless it comes in like florescent orange then it just looks like every other headset.

Mod
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
odin333 wrote:
yeah, but you would barely notice it in a picture. not trendy enough. unless it comes in like florescent orange then it just looks like every other headset.

I'm sure it will be available in all of CK's signature colors.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
odin333 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

It's Chris King, of course they are going to ano them.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 22:57 Quote
ahahaha chris king a bunch of hypocrits. on their website they went on and on about how non integrated headsets are soo much better.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:04 Quote
nwg1 wrote:
ahahaha chris king a bunch of hypocrits. on their website they went on and on about how non integrated headsets are soo much better.

Well look at alot of frames nowadays. A great deal of them use integrated headsets and it's obviously gonna continue being used in the future so they have no choice than to make integrated headsets, despite their opinion on it. Otherwise less income for them.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
mcburtonsoft wrote:
nwg1 wrote:

Well look at alot of frames nowadays. A great deal of them use integrated headsets and it's obviously gonna continue being used in the future so they have no choice than to make integrated headsets, despite their opinion on it. Otherwise less income for them.

There is "integrated" and there is "semi-integrated" that CK headset would be what people call "zero stack" or "semi-integrated" There are cups, but the cups are hidden inside the headtube with only a small flange seen sticking out. This headset has to be pressed in just like traditional headsets.

CK's article was directed towards completely internal headsets "integrated" as in NO CUPS, but rather bearings that rest directly on inside of frame. CK believes that under stress, the bearings cartridges are able to flex and move around inside the headtube and eventually wear out the headtube causing improper alignment and all sorts of troubles.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:16 Quote
finally! unnecessary bling for my bike!

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:18 Quote
i am SOO getting this headset once it comes out, finally a zero-stack worth spending money on, those cane creeks are damn expensive too, but don't compare in value when the bling factor gets added in Big Grin

Mod
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:19 Quote
lafalot wrote:
i am SOO getting this headset once it comes out, finally a zero-stack worth spending money on, those cane creeks are damn expensive too, but don't compare in value when the bling factor gets added in Big Grin

I actually think I like the Cane Creek 110 more.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:23 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
lafalot wrote:

I actually think I like the Cane Creek 110 more.

i mean for zerostack headsets, its like close to $100 for a zs6 around here, and i dont really want to dish out that much for something that isnt anodized in awesome array of colours Confused

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:24 Quote
lafalot wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:
nwg1 wrote:

There is "integrated" and there is "semi-integrated" that CK headset would be what people call "zero stack" or "semi-integrated" There are cups, but the cups are hidden inside the headtube with only a small flange seen sticking out. This headset has to be pressed in just like traditional headsets.

CK's article was directed towards completely internal headsets "integrated" as in NO CUPS, but rather bearings that rest directly on inside of frame. CK believes that under stress, the bearings cartridges are able to flex and move around inside the headtube and eventually wear out the headtube causing improper alignment and all sorts of troubles.
so maybe my headtube ISN'T ovalized... thanks Salute

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010902
Mobile Version of Website