Mont Blanc closed

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Mont Blanc closed
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
Why isnt Mont blanc running mountain biking this summer?

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 13:51 Quote
This is seriously lame. Mont Blanc and then Calabogie leaving the DH scene within 1 week of each other. I really wanted to get out to Mont Blanc this summer, too

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
cody15bike wrote:
Why isnt Mont blanc running mountain biking this summer?
are you sure there closing this summer?
i heard for sure for the 2010 season but there still may be a chance of another season (2009)
any confirmations

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
mad boner
but seriously i probably would choose mt blanc over bromont because its soo chill there
mad shame and i hope at least we can get another season out of it Frown

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
Sucks that it closed. I knew since it opened it won't last long cause of the competition, bromint for the number of trails(now the wc ) and sainte-Anne for the world class venue to name a few. It would of never lasted even if the trails where rad, when I went during a weekend there was 10-20 people and the weekend after at bromont I've waited 1/2 hour to get to the chairlift!!!! That's the problem mont-bland wasn't that knowned like tremblant.

R.I.P.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 6:30 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
Sucks that it closed. I knew since it opened it won't last long cause of the competition, bromint for the number of trails(now the wc ) and sainte-Anne for the world class venue to name a few. It would of never lasted even if the trails where rad, when I went during a weekend there was 10-20 people and the weekend after at bromont I've waited 1/2 hour to get to the chairlift!!!! That's the problem mont-bland wasn't that knowned like tremblant.

R.I.P.

but thats what made it good, it wasnt so busy, and it was close. Bromont and mont-sainte-ann arent a short drive for me.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
cody15bike wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:

R.I.P.

but thats what made it good, it wasnt so busy, and it was close. Bromont and mont-sainte-ann arent a short drive for me.
me neither but i prefer the quality of trail of bromont.

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 8:23 Quote
i think they looking for a group to run the opération there ,but i dont think it gone to happen for this 2009 season,but soon or later Tremblant will get in the game ...

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 9:31 Quote
sxvr6 wrote:
i think they looking for a group to run the opération there ,but i dont think it gone to happen for this 2009 season,but soon or later Tremblant will get in the game ...
tremblant getitng back into the scence would be sick.
but i dont think its worth it at the cost of losing mont-blanc

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
sxvr6 wrote:
Have any of you guys ever ridden at Tremblant? I race there and I find the track horrible. The only section that is fun is the last rock section. The reason I go to that race is because I have a cottage there.

Alright now getting down to my point. Sorry to burst your bubble guys but Tremblant is not going to open for downhill. The hill is to far up north and wouldn’t even come close to Bromont when it comes to quality for the next ten years. Everyone says ''Tremblant this, tremblant that'' but it‘s just a tourist attraction. It’s just not a practical for riding. All I'm saying is that Tremblant would end up closing down for the same reason Mont Blanc would close down. That is unless the owners are willing to absorb the financial hit of taking on downhilling. Even if they came up with some trails, they would charge an arm and a leg for a pass, hence the fact that everyone would go to Bromont; a place that sells passes at low rate. Not to mention that even hills like Saint-Anne have a tough time matching Bromont’s high number of quality trails. The only way I can see Tremblant opening for downhilling is if our sport expands(what we need is a huge amount of new riders)

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
tremblant's not gonna re open any time soon
its sort of ironic how its owned by the same people who own whistler tho
tremblant has stopped trying to attract the younger age group of people in their 20s in the summer..in the winter all the skiing stops at like 4 and everyone heads to the bars but in the summer there's nothing to do at all..its not a poor hill too, if anything they have more money to throw around than bromont, it wouldnt cost them much to open up some dh runs too..but where's the point? its not like bromont is overcrowded to the point where it isnt fun anymore. and honestly tremblant for people like me would be more practical to go to, my family doesnt bike and theres stuff for them do to, same goes for in the winter too
i went to tremblant last year and went xc riding on my dj bike while my family chilled on the beach and wtv for 3 days, that would have been some rly sick days if i could have gone to ride some dh

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 6:06 Quote
is there any chance that the chrome fest will still go on?

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:25 Quote
rohan7 wrote:
I guess not since they closed the mountain to biking

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
rohan7 wrote:
they closed tremblant many years back

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:31 Quote
rohan7 wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:
rohan7 wrote:
they closed tremblant many years back
true but i don't think they will reopen for a amateur race since tremblant opens for canada cup and quebec cup.....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043552
Mobile Version of Website