PB Forum :: Canada - East
Mont Blanc closed
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
rohan7 wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:
I guess not since they closed the mountain to biking
they closed tremblant many years back
true but i don't think they will reopen for a amateur race since tremblant opens for canada cup and quebec cup.....
exactly

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
hey guys, i am not one hundred percent sure so don't take my word for it, but i hear that tremblant will be opening a bike park this summer. Anyways, i really have a strong feeling that the mountain will finally be opening to DH this year!
i'll keep you updated when i hear more.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
jzuck wrote:
hey guys, i am not one hundred percent sure so don't take my word for it, but i hear that tremblant will be opening a bike park this summer. Anyways, i really have a strong feeling that the mountain will finally be opening to DH this year!
i'll keep you updated when i hear more.
great right after i buy my bromont pass..
i hope its true
whats ur source?

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
well I know someone who has some connections with the people that work at the mountain and the last time she was at the mountain she spoke with someone working there.
I am not sure how reliable the person she talked to so i dont want to give anyone the wrong ideas but i am hoping to go to tremblant soon and find out for myself!

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
And nothing of great value was lost. I don't find it one bit sad that Mont Blanc closed it's DH operations down this year, there happens to be this thing called a recession going on and in these times anything that bleeds as much money as running the lifts for 6 people will be cut. Plus maintaining non existing infrastructure (aka the trails) was proving to be quite the problem as no one really wanted to volunteer but the mountain can't really afford to pay a maintenance team.

As for Tremblant, it's the most unfriendly place for mountain biking ever. The mountain is generally lame for DH (loads of rock face, not much more) and the locals are highly hostile to anything that "destroys" "their" mountain. Don't count on it opening any day soon. Plus IntraWest owns the village not the mountain so don't expect Whistler 2.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
And nothing of great value was lost. I don't find it one bit sad that Mont Blanc closed it's DH operations down this year, there happens to be this thing called a recession going on and in these times anything that bleeds as much money as running the lifts for 6 people will be cut. Plus maintaining non existing infrastructure (aka the trails) was proving to be quite the problem as no one really wanted to volunteer but the mountain can't really afford to pay a maintenance team.

As for Tremblant, it's the most unfriendly place for mountain biking ever. The mountain is generally lame for DH (loads of rock face, not much more) and the locals are highly hostile to anything that "destroys" "their" mountain. Don't count on it opening any day soon. Plus IntraWest owns the village not the mountain so don't expect Whistler 2.

well like i said i am not yet sure if tremblant plans to open the mountain to DH but there is always the possibility. so we are just going to have to wait and see what happens. by the way i have also herd about the mountains primary concern for their mountain but i personally believe that might have changed.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
I'm gonna miss riding Chrome on the hardtail... and yeah they were for sure bleeding money last season, but it's sad to see it go, nice alternative to Bromont and had some awesome days there late last Summer!

O+
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
m47h13u wrote:

+1 for the Tremblant comment.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
thats bad.its a nice place to ride.if was planing to go this summer again

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
hey as mont blanc is closed i was wondering if anybody has been hiking the mountain this summer to continue ridding..
im rele down to do it but i was wondering if the trails are still somewhat kept (wooden structures still in tact) ..
plz lemme kno
thanks
tom

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
rohan7 wrote:
hey as mont blanc is closed i was wondering if anybody has been hiking the mountain this summer to continue ridding..
im rele down to do it but i was wondering if the trails are still somewhat kept (wooden structures still in tact) ..
plz lemme kno
thanks
tom

My cousin who lives just a hike away from the mountain says that the trails are still in mint condition.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
rohan7 wrote:
plz lemme kno
thanks
tom

My cousin who lives just a hike away from the mountain says that the trails are still in mint condition.
then its settled, im climbing mt blanc for the next week
lol
does ur cousin have pinkbike?

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 15:41 Quote
Don't think so.

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
ok so i hiked mont-blanc today and hit the chrome and the random north shore trail next to it..all i can say is wow..i missed it..
the trails are for the most part perfect..forsure the jumps arnt shaped or the berms arnt perfect and there are a few trees that fell but all in all its still holding..
anyone want to join me for an old school ride sometime soon ?? :p
photo

photo

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
I would, its less far then driving to Bro. How much of a hike was it? Where did you park? Let me know so I can try and get a few of us to go down.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027717
Mobile Version of Website