Barspin help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
The other day i learned barspins... but i can't j hop barspin i bunnyhop barspin. any tips for j hop barspins??

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
try a regular j-hop, and start throwing at the peak so it spins on the way down. tup

FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
The only way to go about it is practice. Some people throw them at the peak of the hop, I like to be a quarter of the way through the spin at the peak. Makes it a bit easier to catch on the way down rather than everything being caught and slamming to the ground at once.

Also, I hope you don't do those gross x-up throws. What I mean is it looks like your arms do an x-up, and the bars happen to leave your hands. It leaves both hands in a mad scramble to catch the bars, and it isn't clean and it can never be that way. Practice throwing with either your right or left, and catching with the other. It's cleaner, and it will allow you to progress with them to the point of being good at them, the x-up ones wont get cleaner or easier.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
ya thanks i can j hop barspin my bmx but not my mtb

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 2:06 Quote
just bunnyhop high, lean forward (with your head above your frontwheel) and throw your bars as hard as possible

btw, throw them right before you hit your highest point

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008131
Mobile Version of Website