.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 0:11 Quote
yah i here ya, but are any other restorts open that are cheaper like kirkwood or boreal, siera?

FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
momojellydonut wrote:
yah i here ya, but are any other restorts open that are cheaper like kirkwood or boreal, siera?
Kirkwood used to have biking at their resort in the summer and I think they still have it but I hear it is lame and I highly doubt that it is anywhere close to Northstar's league. As for other ski resorts, there aren't any. Just Northstar, Mammoth, and maybe Kirkwood but Northstar kills any other resorts in Nor-Cal.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 10:32 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
momojellydonut wrote:
Kirkwood used to have biking at their resort in the summer and I think they still have it but I hear it is lame and I highly doubt that it is anywhere close to Northstar's league. As for other ski resorts, there aren't any. Just Northstar, Mammoth, and maybe Kirkwood but Northstar kills any other resorts in Nor-Cal.

word...

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
the duff is what northstar is all about tho. it kinda of stands out for that. and it adds that extra *oh shit* factor. you know?

Amen, its what makes Northstar.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
I think I had 16 visits to Northstar on my season pass last season. Hopefully I can get up there a lot more though, I can't live without Northstar. Both to David and Jonathon, we gotta ride together more because it is so much more fun riding with people near your level. I'm sure we will be seeing eachother up there a lot.

for sure, stoked on riding gypsy again

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
im planning on hitting up N* with DH-reno, just got on the team!

FL
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
What do you do on the team? Do you get anything from it?

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
does anyone know a for sure day northstar opens or does it depend on when the snow melts

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
What do you do on the team? Do you get anything from it?
its not so much as a race team as it is a sick group to ride with. they do some races but mostly just ride around reno and norcal

FL
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
demobiker12 wrote:
does anyone know a for sure day northstar opens or does it depend on when the snow melts
When the snow melts, it opening date differs every year but the trail crew pushes really hard to open sooner and they shovel lots of snow.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
coaster is my FAVORITE trail of all time. i really like the hard turns and speed sections and how diffiecult it is to make down it without falling

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:18 Quote
konaracer91 wrote:
coaster is my FAVORITE trail of all time. i really like the hard turns and speed sections and how diffiecult it is to make down it without falling
coaster is a fire road...

FL
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
konaracer91 wrote:
coaster is a fire road...
Um yea, a blue square dude.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
well maybe to you man becasue your like pro okay. dont make fun of me becsaue i enjoy things other people label as "gay" or "homo"

FL
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
Hey has anyone ridden the waterfall on Karpiel? I've never attempted it because it justs looks to gnarly from the chairlift but I've seen people do it easy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034133
Mobile Version of Website