Who else was ripped off by C.O.P. and bought a pass last summer?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Who else was ripped off by C.O.P. and bought a pass last summer?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
My Wife and i bought seasons passes at C.O.P. last year based on the lies thay told on there web site. Not only were the trails completely lame but the so called stunts were pathetic. We bought our passes after reading all the hype on there web site before the season opened. We were definately dissapointed right away but kept checking the web site for updates. I feel like i was taken for a "ride". We gave up riding there 2/3's the way through the season and will not go back! I have made several attempts to contact them about my issues, e-mails and phone messages not responded to.

I wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way? I am hoping that the people that respond atleast payed for there own pass, Not bought by the parents!

Thanks for reading this, Peace.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
allnitemike wrote:
My Wife and i bought seasons passes at C.O.P. last year based on the lies thay told on there web site. Not only were the trails completely lame but the so called stunts were pathetic. We bought our passes after reading all the hype on there web site before the season opened. We were definately dissapointed right away but kept checking the web site for updates. I feel like i was taken for a "ride". We gave up riding there 2/3's the way through the season and will not go back! I have made several attempts to contact them about my issues, e-mails and phone messages not responded to.

I wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way? I am hoping that the people that respond atleast payed for there own pass, Not bought by the parents!

Don't you think you should have rode he hill before buying a pass? Kinda seems like buying a used car without taking it for a test drive first.

I like COP for ripping when time is a factor. the course isn't great, but good for practaicing.

You should have done your homework, IMO.

BTW, I'm 36 and my wife and I enjoy COP.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
Let me just say this:

C.O.P. previous years had no flow and had sketchy stunts that were all peiced together. They did have a few good stunts that I loved like anyone else. Gravity Logic was hired in to make the park safe after having 17+ broken bones in one year and rising insurance costs. I belive one lady got really hurt badley off a small 2-3 foot stunt that was poorly made with no roll out option.

When Gravity Logic came in C.O.P. had already taken all the stunts out and leveled the park so G.L. didn't get a chance to decide on what stayed and what went. Gravity Logic had to fight against time and weather (tons of rain)to try and make the deadline. I belive they did what C.O.P. asked them to do and that is lay down a good foundation for some safe fun runs and reduce injuries. The 2008 season had 1 broken bone.

I do agree that the park isn't finished and I hope they pour in alot of work this spring to make it the park that it needs to be. I hope (and this is up to C.O.P.)that Gravity Logic comes back and finishes what they intended to do in the first place and that is to put in alternative lines and hits on the sides of the trails for more experinced riders kinda like A-Line.

C.O.P will never be a hardcore bike park because its target children and school groups most experinced riders will head out of town to shuttle or ride one of the bigger mountains on the weekend leaving kids to ride the hill.

I like C.O.P. for its discounts on other hills and for something to ride during the week after work. I personally like to practice flat cornors in the east trees and the tight berms on laser fade... Its pretty challanging if you try and carry your speed through it.

Anyway thats my thoughts....

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
allnitemike wrote:

It's a hell of a lot better than what we have in Edmonton, and you have to understand that last year was a new beginning. they dumped a fortune into that first phase.
I think the changes were necessary and welcome. If you want real big mountain riding, COP was never gonna be all that. You can tell that by just standing at the bottom.....
I enjoy COP in it's own way, it makes a great quick gravity day trip in the mid week when nobody's around to shuttle with. Like has been said, work on letting off the brakes and handling those berms at speed. there are some challenges to be had.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
It took them for ever to build the DH track. There is no reason that they had to take so long. That new top part, where they moved a ton of dirt, then made next to nothing out of it, was lame. This being my first year in town, I didn't see what it used to be. Then they pull the fast lift before the season was over... Aside from those two things, I guess the rest wasn't too bad. The GL stuff, Lazer Fade ect. was really good. I will not be buying another season pass, I'd rather spend a lot more time and money. Getting out to Moose or where ever. While during the week, just hiking and biking in the city parks. At least then there is roots, rocks and junk to play on...

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
dropin-321 wrote:
Let me just say this:

C.O.P. previous years had no flow and had sketchy stunts that were all peiced together. They did have a few good stunts that I loved like anyone else. Gravity Logic was hired in to make the park safe after having 17+ broken bones in one year and rising insurance costs. I belive one lady got really hurt badley off a small 2-3 foot stunt that was poorly made with no roll out option.

When Gravity Logic came in C.O.P. had already taken all the stunts out and leveled the park so G.L. didn't get a chance to decide on what stayed and what went. Gravity Logic had to fight against time and weather (tons of rain)to try and make the deadline. I belive they did what C.O.P. asked them to do and that is lay down a good foundation for some safe fun runs and reduce injuries. The 2008 season had 1 broken bone.

I do agree that the park isn't finished and I hope they pour in alot of work this spring to make it the park that it needs to be. I hope (and this is up to C.O.P.)that Gravity Logic comes back and finishes what they intended to do in the first place and that is to put in alternative lines and hits on the sides of the trails for more experinced riders kinda like A-Line.

C.O.P will never be a hardcore bike park because its target children and school groups most experinced riders will head out of town to shuttle or ride one of the bigger mountains on the weekend leaving kids to ride the hill.

I like C.O.P. for its discounts on other hills and for something to ride during the week after work. I personally like to practice flat cornors in the east trees and the tight berms on laser fade... Its pretty challanging if you try and carry your speed through it.

Anyway thats my thoughts....

I broke two bones this season, at COP lol...

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
I've spent a few yrs riding at COP and i have spent a lot of time doing research in to what they were going to do for the 08 season. I believe firmly that they misrepresented what they were doing and what to expect from the hill. I have spoke with many people that feel the same way and have told me that 08 was there last season there!

Mod
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
You know what's sad? Kicking Horse's pass is cheaper than COP's pass and it doesn't "discriminate" against age which is good for those who aren't youths or students! Any age, is $169.99 with the early bird. If gas prices stay around what they are and you don't mind the 3 hour trek out, it might be worth it! However, COP will always be popular as it is lift assisted and inside the city. Pretty much half an hour or less away from homes in the deep south west and it is fun every now and again.

KHMR
Seasons Pass - Bike – Early Bird * $169.99
Seasons Pass - Bike – Regular $229.99

COP
Adult (18-64) $199

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
I guess we can all agree that if they don't:

1) make the C.O.P.'s riding season longer (totally cut short last year)

2) buff up the hill (more jumps, tables and tech DH sections)

3) lower costs $199 is crazy

I for one deffinatly won't be buying season pass in 09.

(I heard there was one reported broken bone last year, that was just hearsay though)

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 6:41 Quote
dropin-321 wrote:

that I for one deffinatly won't be buying season passes in 09.

(I heard there was one reported broken bone last year, that was just hearsay though)

ok, lol

fair enough, im just saying though, i guess they dont pay much attention to there injury log books Razz lol

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
I've been reading about complaints about COP. I guess there's still no news what they are planning for this season????

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 12:39 Quote
dropin-321 wrote:

that I for one deffinatly won't be buying season passes in 09.

the broken bone was a broken wrist i think and that was from the dirtjumps

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
I think we should organize a C.O.P blackout

We should show C.O.P what we think by not coming opening day so the place is completly dead

if we get enough people C.O.P will realize that its not just camps they need its us too

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
Its definitly a good idea.. besides.. with this weather.. the traisl may still have snow on them opening day...

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
freeride5 wrote:
I think we should organize a C.O.P blackout

We should show C.O.P what we think by not coming opening day so the place is completly dead

if we get enough people C.O.P will realize that its not just camps they need its us too

what a pointless way to voice your concerns.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049074
Mobile Version of Website