NS Bikes Metropolis or 24Seven Slacker ST or Cannondale Chase 2

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
NS Bikes Metropolis or 24Seven Slacker ST or Cannondale Chase 2
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 14:34 Quote
dirtjumper1132 wrote:
y dont u invest in a NS bitch frame, those frames can take anything, u can put a dc on it and it still warranty, i personally have one and i love it.

youd have to downgrade actually cause the bitch is a cheaper frame that metropolis/suburban plus its 2.9kg. I'd get a suburban frame and built it up since you can get it lighter than thank 14.5kg but itll probably cost more.

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 14:51 Quote
Get the 24 seven
photo

Thats mine. Sorry every one who has seen my bike more than once. just a bit giddy because i have found out how to post picturesBeer

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 14:36 Quote
speaking of buying frames y dont u get a blk mrkt riot

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 6:36 Quote
0oxalexo0 wrote:
anyone?

Despite 25 sevens skill theya re not as good as they wer b4 and the ns is like 3kg lighter and it ahs a smaller rear triangle or so i think so its easier to manual and therefloor easier to pop ur bunny hop and thats some of the main trix and jumpin concepts

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
how heavy is a 2007 canondale chase 4 and what is light a 2008 kona shred or the chase

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
ryandj wrote:
how heavy is a 2007 canondale chase 4 and what is light a 2008 kona shred or the chase
lol chase for sure

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
yo im thinkin of getting a metropolis 1. but it weighs over 30 pounds, which isnt cool.
do brakes weigh a lot? and what parts on the bike are heavy and i can swap?

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:28 Quote
glad i came across this page i had the same problem witch one to get ns or cannondale but didnt consider the 24/7 but know you'll have opened my eyes thanks iv jusy place a order for the 24/7 slacker after going over it in my head for the last 2 days now just got to get thou the weekend and my new toy should be here tuesday so once again thanks to all that replyed to this guys problem

thanks dee

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
0oxalexo0 wrote:

Cannondale chase 2 [2008] £850

FEATURES:

Frame: Chase Replica
Fork: Marzocchi Dirt Jump 3
Gears: SRAM X-9 medium cage rear Derailleur
Shifters: SRAM X-5 triggers
Crankset: Truvativ Ruktion 32/PC guard
Brakes: Avid BB5 with 160mm rotors
Wheels: Sun Ditch Witch 32 hole rims with Formula hubs
Tyres: Kenda K-Rad 26x2.3 inch
Handlebar: FSA FR-331-BOS 40mm rise
Stem: Cannondale Holy Freeride 31.8mm
Saddle: SDG I-SKY
Seatpost: SDG I-Beam
Pedals/Extras: Cannondale Grind platform pedals

+ any one know weight of this?

Pics:
photo

which should i get and why?

thank you

That chase doesn't look like an 08 chase two. It looks like an 08 chase 1 with a the chase2's fork, front wheelset, and brakes.

I'm not sure about the exact weight- but with a bathroom scale, the difference in weight with me holding the bike, and me not holding the bike was jumping between 33.5 and 34lbs. (this is on a digital Bathroom scale.)

Here's the 07 weights.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/07/cusa/Cannondale_07_bike_weights.pdf

the company claims the 07 chase 1 was 34.47lbs, and the chase 2 just over 35lbs.... seems heavy.

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2008&Brand=Cannondale&Model=Chase+2&Type=bike

This site claims the 08 chase 2 weighs only 32.7 lbs- that seems quite light compared to the other figures- especially since the chase2 comes with the DJ3 fork @ 6.14lbs (2787grams or something- a fox float 36R is only 2120grams or something, and a Fox Float 32R is only 1750ish grams or something like that.)

You could easily lighten that chase just by getting a new fork (though pricey... the fork would likely near double the cost of the bike- since you also need to account for the 20m through axle on the fox 36's and 15? thru axle on the 09 32's)

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
0oxalexo0 wrote:
is chase alu or chromo

and what is specialized p2 like then, because i have been told alu wears fast.

and would the slacker seem heavy at almost 3kg more than the NS Metropolis?

could i also ask why the chase is so much more than the other two?

the chase is an aluminium frame. and yes 3 kg is alot more to lug around! unless your a meat head and your not at all weight concious.
aluminium is a much better frame material in my opinion. and its more than tough enough.
all dh/freeride bikes are aluminium frames (some exceptions, like 24sevens crap attempt at a dh righ...eugh)
anyway
consider aluminium for its versatility. steel frames are more flexible (in a good way) and absorb small vibrations, alu is alot more rigid, light, but is known to fracture (under extreme loads. were a steel frame would probably bend or dent anyway!) lol

u having a gigle ? :L ud rather be an hour from home wiv a snpped aluminum frame than an hour from home o a bent sanko-cromo frame thats is still rideable, a good friend of myn snapped an aly frame, naw hes gt one of those "shitty sanko chrmoly frame" :L i no which id prefer and thts the reason im gtin one of those!!

24sevens shit attempt of a DH rig, id prefer a heavier DH bike, you ever heard of a little fing caled GRAVITY meaning yo'll go faster

point proven i think

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
dee3031 wrote:
glad i came across this page i had the same problem witch one to get ns or cannondale but didnt consider the 24/7 but know you'll have opened my eyes thanks iv jusy place a order for the 24/7 slacker after going over it in my head for the last 2 days now just got to get thou the weekend and my new toy should be here tuesday so once again thanks to all that replyed to this guys problem

thanks dee
this guy has some sense Smile

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
I have a ns metropolis 1 2008 and weighed it today, it came to 31lbs i am going to get new rims to try and make it lighter. Any way i was just wondering if anyone knew the exact weight of the metropolis frame? thanks james

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026075
Mobile Version of Website