Stupidest things you've ever attempted?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Stupidest things you've ever attempted?
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 14:31 Quote
riding in the POURING rain. I was riding fast through a parking lot, couldn't see much of anything cause it was getting in my eyes, then all of a sudden, I see something red, then crash into a red pole, hit my knee HARD and it was sooooooo huge and soooo swollen after a few minutes. I couldn't walk on it for a while. then I finally got on my bike and tried to get home. it was pretty far too.

next day my knee was all purple and hurt like HELL. right on my knee cap

I would not recommend biking in the pouring rain to anyone, and I know I won't do it again.......

and also, I won't bike at the metal skatepark when theres a chance of it being slightly wet or dewy. I did a couple small hip transfers into the halfpipe then I did a bigger one, front tire slid out, bumped my head on the ramp. no biggie, I just barly hit my head, didn't think it was a big deal. then my friend said, hey..... you have a huge cut on your forhead! so I thought it would be just a scratch.... then he said, I don't know man, looks pretty big.

so, went home, parents werent home (they don't want me going to the skatepark, I dislocated my wrist skateboarding like 5 years ago there) looked in the mirror and HOLY SHIT. I thought I needed stiches.... so parents got home, my brother told them, my dad said I didn't need stiches. now I have a good size scar pretty much in the middle of my eyebrow.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 14:34 Quote
when i was like 9 i tried to go off a jump at the skate-park.i was going really slow. i didn't pull back and did a face plant in front of all these skaters.those pricks started laughing at me.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 14:39 Quote
high speed drunken manuals...need i say more?

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
hit a jump that was 4 feet tall straight up went bout 6-7 feet in the air there was no landing whent nose first almost tacoed and cracked the front rim i couldnt walk for like 20 min a could breath for a while

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
I tried a drop at our school that runs out right into gravel and a bench. I thought I could swerve out of the way of the bench. My back tire locked up, broke my disc, and broke my skate helmet (the styrofoam inside) into 3 pieces. Hurt for like 2 weeks after.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 22:30 Quote
hardtail-rider wrote:
when i was like 9 i tried to go off a jump at the skate-park.i was going really slow. i didn't pull back and did a face plant in front of all these skaters.those pricks started laughing at me.

What jerks. Same thing happened to me when I was about 9. Except on a skateboard. I had just went with my dad to Canadian Tire, and bought myself THE BEST $30 skateboard in the store. I wanted to test it out, so at the skatepark, I tried riding down a big hill, made it down, and then it slipped out from under me and I was left flat on my back with all the 16 and 17 year olds laughing at me.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
i just saw this thread and it should turn out to be pretty funnyBig Grin when i had just started biking i had fun trying weird stuff so one day i was like hhmmm a trailer is in our front yard hmm i have a bike. i decided to try and wheelie of it and its like 4 feet high onto concrete without shin pads Eek so i did it landed flat slipped off my pedal and slammed my laegs onto my new Kona Jackshit pedals haha it was fun and it included quite a bit of blood. lesson is trailer + bike equals pain lol. and thats only the one of many stupid bike stunts i've done

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
went to bunnyhop over a cable, front wheel made it but my rear wheel came up a bit short and threw me into a nose-dive. my chest hit the ground super fast (not wearing helmet but i was smart enough to keep my head up).. then my bike came crushing down and hits my on the back. couldn't breath and couldn't move, thought i broke my ribs. But the good part is that nothing happened except for scratches.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
there was a new park in town and the big jujmp didnt work out so i was stuck to hitting the small tables that u onley got about a foot off the ground on. i was getting sick of doing whip and x-up on them so i decided to try a no foot can. i got my feet over the frame but i landed with my feet on the top of the frame.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
ive done that trying a noo foot can do i did it out of a quarter on a fully so it didnt hurt to much

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 23:59 Quote
lol, wow i feel like an idiot for mine, i was at a mates place, i was on his bike with half deflated tyres and did a jump off this rocky cliff thing that was about 2m high in this one spot, but it was to flat, so i went to do it and at the last second i hit a little bump in the rock which shot the front end high into the air,i landed awkwardly on my leg, and because of our stupid medical system. 4 months later had surgery on my knee, lol.
i tore the soft tisue in my knee and dammaged all of my tendons im ny knee, lol not a bad effort.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 4:53 Quote
New most stupid thing I have done was yesterday. I was jumping alil grass hip in someones yard and it was wet, the grass swallowed me up, I went over the bars right onto my shoulder flipping down the hill. Now my shoulder it tweeked!!! Was pretty funny and all didn't hurt to much but now my shoulder is worked. I guess I will be riding my fixed gear all week now...

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
I tryed to run in to a jump with a bag of drink on one end of my bar, the plan was to drop the bag before i hit the jump but when i droped the bag i ran over it and lost all my speed. as i had no brakes and was to close to avoid the jump i held on and hoped for the best but i bailed in mid air and landed in the stuped 5ft hole we dug in the middle.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
A Big 20 foot jump that almost killed me.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
Tryed to redo the Blink 182 - what's my age again... with some friends?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020459
Mobile Version of Website