Marzocchi 08 DJ1 - only go down an inch!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi 08 DJ1 - only go down an inch!
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 5:02 Quote
I used 15w and it works great

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
This just happened my dj2s...if someone could PM me a few pics of the drilled cartridge it would help me alot
thanksSmile

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
That-Guy wrote:
This just happened my dj2s...if someone could PM me a few pics of the drilled cartridge it would help me alot
thanksSmile

Send me your email address and I will mail you the Marz approved document tomorrow when I get to work.

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 21:54 Quote
this might be a silly question but how do u get the cartridge out in the first place and how do u refill the leg with oil?

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 at 0:01 Quote
you have to take the top cap off the leg.then the nut off the bottom of the fork leg then the cart will come out.after you do the mods to the cart you put the cart back in the leg and put the nut back on the bottom of the leg.you fill the oil in the top of the leg

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 12:48 Quote
erixtar1992 wrote:
theminsta wrote:
Yeah, I know, thanks.

I trust the company more than I trust myself anyways Razz
haha yeaa iv learnt that the hard way lol i have a habit of takin shit apart thinkin i will magically no wat im doin n b able 2 fix it haha

hey man i did that and i fixed my argyles. id get about 60mm of travel and they would stop. but all it was was oil leaked into a part theat it wasnt suposed to be in, also i bought mine from a bike show so i dont think i had a warrenty anyway:P

Posted: Feb 20, 2010 at 9:50 Quote
take it into the shop i got it fixed for 30 bucks

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:44 Quote
marzochi forks have a 3 year warranty so long as you have a receipt Smile
and when i sent my 08 dj1 back they sent me brand new ones Big Grin

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:08 Quote
I have the same problem with my 55r's and have read the whole thread about the "ghetto" upgrade to the open bath.

When you say drill a hole 21mm from the bottom of the hexagon nut - do you measure from the under side of the hex nut after the thread that fixes the rebound cart back into the forks??

am i just being dumb??!!

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 19:52 Quote
well i went to the shop and got it fixed for 30 bucks

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 13:54 Quote
ok THERE IS AN EISER WAY TO FIX THE REBOUND CARTRIDGE i had a last ditch attemt at fixing my cartridge before buyin a new one,and it works perfectly it can use up all its travel and the rebound adjustment nob still works, all you have to do is drill a 1.5mm hole on the side at the top of the cartridge and one on the side at the bottom of the cartridge but drill 20mm in from the top/bottom and be careful not to drill the piston which is inside the cartridge. i really didnt want to do this but im so glad i did its fantastic just do it. Smile good luck Big Grin

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 13:59 Quote
So you just basically did the Open bath mod then? I did that with my old DJ2 and it was nice.

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 14:06 Quote
ye but often people seem to want to drill a third hole in the shaft but there is no need Smile

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 14:08 Quote
RoyalMajesty wrote:
ye but often people seem to want to drill a third hole in the shaft but there is no need Smile

Yes, when I came to that part I just skipped it. An I never had problems with it after that.

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 14:11 Quote
ye i didnt understand why you need to do that, the holes are only drilled for oil flow to prevent hydralock in the cartridge Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029763
Mobile Version of Website