Freeride/DH question

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride/DH question
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 0:13 Quote
So right now im riding this small (too small im almost 6') hardtail (see profile for my bike) and im slowly advancing into being able to call my self a freerider. Everytime i go out im able to do something faster get a bit more air or just nail something new. Just wondering really when is a good time to change over into a fully?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 0:26 Quote
If your bike is physically too small for you, its time for a new bike anyway. If YOU think you need a fully, then its totally up to you. If youre getting beaten to pieces by the bike on your trails, and you are actually using your legs as a suspension, then chances are its a good time to get a fully.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
Well atm the bike size actually seems to work for me it feels that with such a small frame I'm able to whip around the corners in a more controlled manor.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
If you don't mind riding the hardtail then you should just stick with it. I actually sold my fully because I have way more fun on my hardtail.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
try to ride a buddies bike for a run or two at your fav trails. You will be able to get a feel for it better cos u know the trails, and you can compare both bikes on the same trails, giving you a pretty good summary of what you want in a bike. I am now the proud owner of both a sweet hardtail and a ballin ass Dualie too. Both bikes have their pros and cons, but it all depends on what you feel more comfy on.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
im always told that you should stick with a hardtail unless your gonna hit drops over 20' or doing DH racing. is that tru that u should wait that long?

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
It all depends on the conditions of your trails and how smooth you are. But basicly yea if your hucking 20 footers or racing you are better off on a full suspension.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 12:39 Quote
hey, i'm one of those who got flowy on a hardtail and THEN got a dually, dude it makes all the difference in the world. you dont have to get a 10'' rear travel bike or any close to it even... but if you wanna get an entry level FR bike, i'd go for the giant AC frame and put all your components on it, you can pick up a frame for like 250-300 bucks and you can upgrade it to get close to 8'' of travel...=

makes sense ??

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
wat about the 243? do you think that would be a good freeride bike. i went to the bike stors in town and they didnt have a clue wat it was.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
i have the.243 steel freeride and its alright just a heavy indestructible frame

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
luigi wrote:
i have the.243 steel freeride and its alright just a heavy indestructible frame

wat u running on it for parts?

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
look at my profile pic. Nothing special dont have too much money

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 8:57 Quote
luigi wrote:
look at my profile pic. Nothing special dont have too much money

i was just doin that. but do u think its good for freeride?

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
it works when i go too less rocky places and it climbs well but rocks dont like it

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
arnt all hadrtails bad on rocks. but on stuff like 10' drops does it do good or feel shit heavy?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010298
Mobile Version of Website