Kicked Off?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Kicked Off?
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:27 Quote
gabor wrote:
Mike: Yeah, it is.

That kid just kept making things worse and worse!

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:29 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
gabor wrote:
Mike: Yeah, it is.

That kid just kept making things worse and worse!
Yeah, he didn't make things much better. Either way, I'll just forget about him, perhaps he'll do the same and we're golden.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:39 Quote
Hmm, some people take pleasure from stirring trouble eh?

I think most do learn, however.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:41 Quote
while where on the whole blocking/banning issue, i think this thread needs to be deleted https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=7038&pagenum=1#commentid68918

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:43 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
gabor wrote:
kev211 wrote:
who makes death threats?? seriously!! thats just plain stupid!

and for an off-topic question... and im sorry i just think this is the best place to ask. How does someone become a moderator? im not trying to become one (although it would be pretty cool) i was just curious
I'll keep his name private but I'll just say that this is the second account of his I ban and apparently he'll "IM GONNA FIND WHERE YOU LIVE AND f*ck YOU IN THE a*shole!!! " along with a whole assortment of politely phrase death threats. Smile

That's a pretty intersting series of thoughts:

1. Someone prevented me from posting on Pinkbike!

2. I'm angry!

3. I want revenge!

4. I want to stick it in a guy's pooper!

BWAHAHA! rmr you just made my day

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:47 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
while where on the whole blocking/banning issue, i think this thread needs to be deleted https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=7038&pagenum=1#commentid68918

The thread is gone and so is the thread starter.

What is wrong with some people?!

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:49 Quote
yesterdat one of the mods said something about posting a rules sticky in each sub-forum... is that gonna happen because i think it should

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:50 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

The thread is gone and so is the thread starter.

What is wrong with some people?!

I think some people have a facsination with faeces.. I swear I have seen a couple like that recently. I think people come on here just to stir trouble.

mtnbikermaniac wrote:
yesterdat one of the mods said something about posting a rules sticky in each sub-forum... is that gonna happen because i think it should
Oh crap. I'll get to work straight away.

Yeah that was you! Haha!

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:51 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

I don't know who said that, but I don't recall approving that.

We have guidelines above the message composition window and we have the rules posted elsewhere. The vast majority of them are just common sense.

We can only hold people's hands for so long. I'm not sure I want to have every forum cluttered with rules, tutorials, reference material, etc. just so we can say "I told you so" when we ban people.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:51 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

We have guidelines above the message composition window and we have the rules posted elsewhere. The vast majority of them are just common sense.

We can only hold people's hands for so long. I'm not sure I want to have every forum cluttered with rules, tutorials, reference material, etc. just so we can say "I told you so" when we ban people.
I was thinking more along the lines of not postering everything with F R&G but maybe sticking it in the most frequented sections.

(Aside from the obvious cluttering, I doubt I'd have the patience to stick 50 stickies up, one in each subforum Smile ).

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:55 Quote
gabor wrote:
r-m-r wrote:
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of not postering everything with F R&G but maybe sticking it in the most frequented sections.

(Aside from the obvious cluttering, I doubt I'd have the patience to stick 50 stickies up, one in each subforum Smile ).

If you really want to, then sure, but only in the forums that are notorious for having crap posts.

The irony, though, is that the idiot posters are the same people who would never be bothered to read 'em.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:57 Quote
However often you disply the rules, there are always going to be people that disobey, and whilst having them in each popular forum is a good idea, it may not neccesarily solve the problem. Might help though Big Grin

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 12:58 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
However often you disply the rules, there are always going to be people that disobey, and whilst having them in each popular forum is a good idea, it may not neccesarily solve the problem. Might help though Big Grin
True. Should we just leave it as it is then?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012502
Mobile Version of Website